News Article: Freddy is playing through a Groin injury.. Updated reveals Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We sucked on the PK as a team ever since Freddy has been here. That’s on the entirety of the unit for me. Need better penalty killers that can pressure the points better. The Leafs haven’t taken the point away or pressured on the PK for eons.
This news he’s injured just getting out now is late to the party. I can deal with knowing he’s struggling for a reason.
Since Keefe was made coach, Leafs have had an excellent PK. They prevent shots and scoring chances.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not sure how true it is that Freddy is hurt. Was he injured last year too? He was bad last year as well.
Could be just another excuse that Freddy gets granted.

You never know - that's why I was wondering about his PK SV% this season vs previous years.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Classic damage control.
He sucks.
Well it actually validates the people who were saying that he sucks. He’s been playing with a messed groin so he’s been worse than usual. Doesn’t excuse his game 7 choking or anything.
Basically anybody that said Freddie has been fine and it’s been the defence has been incorrect in that assumption.

Reactions: Joey Hoser

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not sure how true it is that Freddy is hurt. Was he injured last year too? He was bad last year as well.
Could be just another excuse that Freddy gets granted.
Ok then you are entitled to run with that. I can remember his pkay quality from one year to the next. He’s slow now. Worst i ever seen him. Numbers are one thing. Not getting across the crease and not getting square instinctively to the shot are things that showed up just this year.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
As mentioned, it may explain his recent poor play, but if anything just brings up injury concern, which is already there with Campbell as well. Whether it is poor play and/or an injury, it still means there is a concern that needs to be addressed somehow.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I used to take Karate for the stretching and flexibility when i was playing multiple sports back in the day. It’s awesome for total body flexibility. I could do almost a full splits straight out sideways, complete full splits forward to back.Never had a muscle tear injury lower body. I took it for like 8 years. It’s great training for flex
Lucky man ... i wish i was flexible ... but was one of those guys where a very hard stretch i could strain muscles and get hurt ... in fact i did get hurt once in a pre game split stretch where it bothered me rest of season ... very hard to get rid of one once you got it

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well it actually validates the people who were saying that he sucks. He’s been playing with a messed groin so he’s been worse than usual. Doesn’t excuse his game 7 choking or anything.
Basically anybody that said Freddie has been fine and it’s been the defence has been incorrect in that assumption.
Fair enough. Would be nice to have Campbell carrying most of the load while he heals. That’s a decent duo. Not so much if they are both battling injuries. Management is fighting the issue in their net right now. It’s a biggie issue too. Oh well least we know

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Lucky man ... i wish i was flexible ... but was one of those guys where a very hard stretch i could strain muscles and get hurt ... in fact i did get hurt once in a pre game split stretch where it bothered me rest of season ... very hard to get rid of one once you got it
I might do it again. My bud keeps bugging me to go back at it with him. I might. Staying flexible for us ole busted ole f**** is a good idea :)

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
a groin injury for a goalie is like blisters for pitchers in Baseball. Just have to rest. There is no such thing as playing through it. If he is hurt, shelf him. Because this is not an effective product.
Ok.That’s a basic rule of thumb that’s accepted from your knowledge right. You seem to know something about it just from what undertones of your post give me. Yeah rest the injury absolutely. Injury is a injury

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
law.gif

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Ok.That’s a basic rule of thumb that’s accepted from your knowledge right. You seem to know something about it just from what undertones of your post give me. Yeah rest the injury absolutely. Injury is a injury
I won't pretend to be an expert, but I do know that is probably the last place any goalie wants to be injured. It makes a ton of sense as well. I look at the Mason Appleton goal from 3 games ago as a prime example of how this is limiting if true. Fred doesn't even lay out as he cuts across the crease. He is playing hesitant. It clearly is bugging him. I'm really not sure what is going on with the leafs medical staff this year. I recognize players want to play, but when the team was 18-4-2, you gotta shelf these guys. Like, does Freddy enjoy looking like a moron out there or something? He is not giving us the best chance to win when he is hurt.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I won't pretend to be an expert, but I do know that is probably the last place any goalie wants to be injured. It makes a ton of sense as well. I look at the Mason Appleton goal from 3 games ago as a prime example of how this is limiting if true. Fred doesn't even lay out as he cuts across the crease. He is playing hesitant. It clearly is bugging him. I'm really not sure what is going on with the leafs medical staff this year. I recognize players want to play, but when the team was 18-4-2, you gotta shelf these guys. Like, does Freddy enjoy looking like a moron out there or something? He is not giving us the best chance to win when he is hurt.

I see it as Freddy taking one for the team. After Hutch's last performance, clear to see Keefe not wanting to go to him unless in a B2B.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I still don't think he's the guy to get the team through the first round. Hopefully he can rest when Campbell gets back. It's looking likely that Campbell will be the number 1 next year, so now would be a good time to see if he's capable or not.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Why was he playing? Goaltending is the one position whereby the player has to be 100% healthy or it is a major detriment to the team.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Ahh so THAT explains his shit glove hand. I always had problems with my hand my groin hurt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad