Post-Game Talk: FREDDY IS BACK! Leafs win 4-0

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
You call out your team-mates you better step it up yourself...I could criticize his game recently as well.Maybe havin his buddy Clifford on the team emboldened him to speak up.

It's gotta take more than a bit of diplomacy to criticize the young stars that, on one hand have been carrying the team offensively,but could still give more of an effort in their defensive responsibility. Maybe they need to hear it from the older guys,even if those older guys aren't as good. In a tough love kinda way.Anyway,good for him ,this team appears to be without bona-fide leadership...therefore identity suffers as well. Johnny T is a wonderful player who leads by example(most games) but maybe he isn't the one to rally the troops! I don't know ,maybe they need to sort it out yet!
what about Hyman?, top 6 player for sure!

Reactions: kb

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
what about Hyman?, top 6 player for sure!
Ha...still no from me...better options available. I prefer the Boston top line model of skill and tenacity.

Hyman has had recent success on the stat sheet (which is very cool,cuz I am a Leaf fan first) but I also notice the type of goals that he scores, all the missed opportunities to score,the plays that die on his stick,the wasted puck battles. Also,sure,he is first man in which is by design ,but also last man back more often than not.

Anyway,you seem to be carrying this Hyman thing around...really not healthy to let someone rent space in your head like that. I mean,I stated my views in the past ,if your thing is to remind me of Hymans value every time he does something good, then have at it,but your wasting your time if you think his recent play convinces me he is a top 6 player.I see him as a mucker playing with 2 all stars,having a good run. He deserves to be celebrated for effort and credited with any success he has,but not because he is all of a sudden talented.

In closing ,I will say that old adage...'they don't ask how,they ask how many'...in that regard I hope his luck continues all the way to the cup!

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Ha...still no from me...better options available. I prefer the Boston top line model of skill and tenacity.

Hyman has had recent success on the stat sheet (which is very cool,cuz I am a Leaf fan first) but I also notice the type of goals that he scores, all the missed opportunities to score,the plays that die on his stick,the wasted puck battles. Also,sure,he is first man in which is by design ,but also last man back more often than not.

Anyway,you seem to be carrying this Hyman thing around...really not healthy to let someone rent space in your head like that. I mean,I stated my views in the past ,if your thing is to remind me of Hymans value every time he does something good, then have at it,but your wasting your time if you think his recent play convinces me he is a top 6 player.I see him as a mucker playing with 2 all stars,having a good run. He deserves to be celebrated for effort and credited with any success he has,but not because he is all of a sudden talented.

In closing ,I will say that old adage...'they don't ask how,they ask how many'...in that regard I hope his luck continues all the way to the cup!

Do not think anything Hyman has done this year has been luck, it looks to me like he has worked real hard on being more of a skill player, and its paying dividends... and his spot in the top 6 has been earned.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->