Speculation: Freddy Andersens worth in trade?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Trade our first for Kuemper.

Trade Andersen to recoup a 1st.

Saves you $500k + ensures we’ve got a bonafide #1 for at least the next two years.
So put yourself in position where you have three Nhl goalies before you try trading Andersen. No thanks.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Another trade I really wanted to do was Domnik Bokk + 2021 3rd for Andy. Unfortunately Cane fans value Bokk quite well. Makes sense hes a quality prospect. Think hed be a welcome addition to our prospect pool who could contribute in a few years.

I'd look at Avs if they would part with Kaut+3rd/4th for Andersen. Another quality winger prospect who's almost NHL ready

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It’s teams under self imposed cap at a lower limit that can get a starter of high quality at a million bucks but a cap hit of 5 million. Lots will be interested.

Perhaps minus whomever from a 10 team veto that Andersen can utilize. I'm actually intrigued with Andersen's potential replacement just as much as I would be with any trade return though.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Same, one or two rumours and now we're all just pencilling in a 1st for him in all the trade proposals I've seen. Does anyone else think other teams around the league saw how bad he was last year? A .909 sv% these days is backup/replacement level
And the one year left, I suspect his value isn’t what we think, happens a lot with goalies. Part of a package is probably the best route, but Dubas has to get it right. If Andy leaves and we don’t have a good replacement, this market will eat him alive.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You’re reading too much into the order. Order doesn’t matter. All that matters is that it happens.
I don't want to spend the same on goaltending if at all possible Talbot seems to be a nice buy low candidate after his rebound season in Calgary splitting time with Rittich.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Same, one or two rumours and now we're all just pencilling in a 1st for him in all the trade proposals I've seen. Does anyone else think other teams around the league saw how bad he was last year? A .909 sv% these days is backup/replacement level
He has a pretty established history and he rebounded well in the playoffs. He has value but there is a very limited group of teams that would work so I'm really not seeing a 1st.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
What will a #1 goalie at $1,000,000 get and what teams would want him.

Crouse and a pick from the Yotes

LOL, like the thread. Don't like your proposal. Yotes need picks. Yotes have 3 goalies under contract. Long-Long shot to have a fit.

San Jose has cap space and a goalie need. They also have TBs late 1st rounder which is about right for compensation.

Reactions: Crosscrease14

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
And the one year left, I suspect his value isn’t what we think, happens a lot with goalies. Part of a package is probably the best route, but Dubas has to get it right. If Andy leaves and we don’t have a good replacement, this market will eat him alive.

I would go as far as speculating that how this is handled will determine Kid Kyle's short term job status.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
LOL, like the thread. Don't like your proposal. Yotes need picks. Yotes have 3 goalies under contract. Long-Long shot to have a fit.

San Jose has cap space and a goalie need. They also have TBs late 1st rounder which is about right for compensation.
I see two under contract, Kuemper and Raanta. Yotes need to dump money out also. They are hurting with the money bleed.

Reactions: TopProspect91

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would go as far as speculating that how this is handled will determine Kid Kyle's short term job status.
He could extend him also if teams don’t want to pay the price.
Andersen/ Campbell is stability regardless. He doesn’t have to move him.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
He's worth way more to us than in a trade.

With Holtby and Kuemper available in trade, teams will be reluctant to give up assets for him until after the draft and maybe even after how free agency shapes up.

We should keep him because without him, I highly doubt we even make the playoffs.

If we get rid of freddy, we will not make the playoffs.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He could extend him also if teams don’t want to pay the price.
Andersen/ Campbell is stability regardless. He doesn’t have to move him.

No he doesn't.......extending him is an option.

My comment still stands though. The outcome of how he handles the the Andersen situation will have a significant impact on his "job approval".

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No he doesn't.......extending him is an option.

My comment still stands though. The outcome of how he handles the the Andersen situation will have a significant impact on his "job approval".
I think he should avoid Pietrangelo under the current salary structure it’s crazy to add him. Thats another evaluation point he’ll be watched on. If he signs him the wolves will be waiting. They aren’t saying much right now. They are simply putting it out there in the media as click bait. If he does it Morgs is gone on Ufagency likely.
Lots he will be graded on this year. He’s under the gun now with this perception that all skill analytics with no grit can win it all . Tampa says hi to that.

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
I don't want to spend the same on goaltending if at all possible Talbot seems to be a nice buy low candidate after his rebound season in Calgary splitting time with Rittich.
Cam had a solid rebound year, but his previous three years were super underwhelming. I know he’d come cheap, but so would Bernier.

I’d pay the extra bit to bring in a top flight goalie like Kuemper, who will still cost you less than Andersen while giving you a more reliable game.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I think he should avoid Pietrangelo under the current salary structure it’s crazy to add him. Thats another evaluation point he’ll be watched on. If he signs him the wolves will be waiting. They aren’t saying much right now. They are simply putting it out there in the media as click bait. If he does it Morgs is gone on Ufagency likely.
Lots he will be graded on this year. He’s under the gun now with this perception that all skill analytics with no grit can win it all . Tampa says hi to that.

I agree.

IMO if he signs AP, then either Marner or Nylander must go in a deal that rids the team of most of Marner's and pretty much all of Nylander's cap hits.

I don't believe the big 4 can become the big 5.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yep, to me it’s his defining move if Andersen is traded. Get it wrong and it’s a disaster.

Reactions: egd27

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
I agree.

IMO if he signs AP, then either Marner or Nylander must go in a deal that rids the team of most of Marner's and pretty much all of Nylander's cap hits.

I don't believe the big 4 can become the big 5.
So you’d rather have Marner or Nylander over Petro?

Just curious, not trying to be an a**.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So you’d rather have Marner or Nylander over Petro?

Just curious, not trying to be an a**.

Not saying that at all........I'm saying I don't believe that the team can have all 3.

I like both Nylander and Marner but I would prefer a 25 min a night defenceman. Having said that, I'm not convinced that a 31 year old AP at around $9M is the right choice.

I don't claim to know who is available, but if I knew I had to move WN or MM to make room for a stud defenceman, I think I'd be looking for a hockey trade that could net me someone in the 24-27 year age range.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
So put yourself in position where you have three Nhl goalies before you try trading Andersen. No thanks.

Not the worst strategy. Get a head start to secure another goalie for the season. And once the music stops from the goalie musical chairs, you have a better sense who your market is. Some teams will be left out in the cold, and there will be a desperate team or two looking to make a move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->