Recalled/Assigned: Freddie Hamilton

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
so Agostino is the injured player? or was he returned to Stockton?

I think Agostino was sent back because he's LW? Looks like Bennett was the one sitting last night. Backlund and Monahan played. Freddie played C. I dunno about box score stats, but from my seats in the dome, I felt like he played a lot.

Or perhaps he was just noticeable due to the slightly increased physicality and energy he brings. Freddie was an excellent pick up. Free is good. He's no superstar, but he suddenly looks good as a long term Stajan replacement. But it's just a 1 game sample so far.

EDIT: Agostino was a scratch apparently per NHL boxscore. Did we use a regular recall? Or was Bennett the injured player Freddie replaced?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Agostino was sent back because he's LW? Looks like Bennett was the one sitting last night. Backlund and Monahan played. Freddie played C. I dunno about box score stats, but from my seats in the dome, I felt like he played a lot.

Or perhaps he was just noticeable due to the slightly increased physicality and energy he brings. Freddie was an excellent pick up. Free is good. He's no superstar, but he suddenly looks good as a long term Stajan replacement. But it's just a 1 game sample so far.

EDIT: Agostino was a scratch apparently per NHL boxscore. Did we use a regular recall? Or was Bennett the injured player Freddie replaced?
If Agostino sat then Hamilton replaced am injured Agostino. Hamilton could not play unless doctors deemed someone unfit to play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64733

Actually, looks like Bennett was the injury. Mid Body DTD.

Which means Agostino was the healthy scratch?
It is not Bennett. Agostino was called up on an emergency basis to replace Bennett a couple games prior.. The only way Agostino (or any emergency recall) is allowed to sit is if he is unable to play due to injury/illness or else he has to be immediately returned to the AHL There is simply no healthy scratching an emergency recall because if you can healthy scratch someone, you are not eligible for an emergency recall.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I think the reason freddie was called up on emergency was because it looked like Monahan might have not been able to play last night. But since he was able to, they scratched Agostino? I would expect someone to get sent down to today if Monahan is fully healthy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think the reason freddie was called up on emergency was because it looked like Monahan might have not been able to play last night. But since he was able to, they scratched Agostino? I would expect someone to get sent down to today if Monahan is fully healthy
Hamilton would be ineligible to play then and would have to be immediately sent back to Stockton unless the Flames converted it to a regular recall.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hamilton would be ineligible to play then and would have to be immediately sent back to Stockton unless the Flames converted it to a regular recall.

I think you are correct and this is what actually happened.

I admit I am a bit confused at the transactions at the moment. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think you are correct and this is what actually happened.

I admit I am a bit confused at the transactions at the moment. :laugh:

it appears Agostino has been sent back to Stockton, so I would guess this happened before the game in order for Hamilton to be eligible.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
it appears Agostino has been sent back to Stockton, so I would guess this happened before the game in order for Hamilton to be eligible.

Do you mean, retroactively send Agostino back and recall Freddie on emergency basis?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Do you mean, retroactively send Agostino back and recall Freddie on emergency basis?

I think Agostino would have had to have been demoted before the game as he was not allowed to be a healthy scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->