Recalled/Assigned: Freddie Hamilton Has Been Recalled From Lake Erie

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Please be to scratch Briere just to see the reactions from you know who haha.

Honestly prefer it if Cliche sits.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It must be a bit depressing for Briere, knowing he's only an Avs player because he was a contract coming back and being a healthy scratch in the twilight of his career.

At the same time, he could have signed cheaper one year deals if he wanted to make sure he got to play.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It must be a bit depressing for Briere, knowing he's only an Avs player because he was a contract coming back and being a healthy scratch in the twilight of his career.

At the same time, he could have signed cheaper one year deals if he wanted to make sure he got to play.

Maybe they play Hamilton tonight in place of Cliche? I wouldn't mind seeing that, personally.

Landeskog-O'Reilly-McLeod
Caron-Duchene-Iginla
Everberg-Mitchell-Tanguay
Hamilton/Hishon-Hishon/Hamilton-Briere

And if Hish gets shifted up with the O'Reilly line (like a majority of us here, myself included, want to happen) then Hamilton moves in to the Center role, McLeod slots in at LW on that 4th line?

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Freddie has been recalled, because Colorado prepare an offer sheet for his brother this summer. With a regular roster spot for Freddie, Hamilton family will be together :naughty: :naughty:

Ok stop dreaming :help:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I think everyone believing he'll play over Cliche and that Hishon will move into the top 6 has some wishful thinking going on.

I'm sure Hamilton will be a scratch, McLeod will still be top 6 and Cliche will still be in the lineup. Most likely, Avs brought him up just in case someone is injured tonight before tomorrow's game, and they're close to LE, better to call him up now than call him to Minnesota.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
He wore #75 with Sharks maybe a new number in Colorado which has never been used

:)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Still holding out hope we call up Siemens. I'm really surprised Roy is running with only 6D, he hates doing that.

There's renewed hope with how he played last night, both in terms of his overall quality and the amount of minutes played.

Perhaps they will after the weekend? I do find it a tad strange that we've called up Hamilton already, but perhaps their Pro-Scouts had said that they felt he was ready for NHL duty before trading for him, and they just wanted to get him a game or 2 with Lake Erie first?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

That's why I think they weren't offered anything for him. The Avs would have at least made sure he wouldn't ended his career this way if they could have.

TMV, that's a good theory unfortunately.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
There's renewed hope with how he played last night, both in terms of his overall quality and the amount of minutes played.

Perhaps they will after the weekend? I do find it a tad strange that we've called up Hamilton already, but perhaps their Pro-Scouts had said that they felt he was ready for NHL duty before trading for him, and they just wanted to get him a game or 2 with Lake Erie first?

TV did mention that the Monsters have a game Sunday so maybe he gets big minutes again before being called up?

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com

I think Roy is still holding onto the slimmest of hope that the playoffs are still in reach. (rightfully so) The odds are super long, but it COULD still happen.

Until the team is mathematically eliminated, I don't see the roster going into full youth mode.

Truthfully, it is probably best that the young D men only get a small cup of coffee, 8-10 games, rather than the full 20.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
That's why I think they weren't offered anything for him. The Avs would have at least made sure he wouldn't ended his career this way if they could have.

TMV, that's a good theory unfortunately.

It could also be that Briere did not want to go to a team to be a healthy scratch for a playoff run.

If Toronto was able to trade Oli, someone would have taken Briere for a nobody prospect or 6th round pick. Sakic must have friends around the league in management on contenders. I don't think Joe would have settled for not trading Briere if he wanted a chance with a playoff team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Roy is still holding onto the slimmest of hope that the playoffs are still in reach. (rightfully so) The odds are super long, but it COULD still happen.

Until the team is mathematically eliminated, I don't see the roster going into full youth mode.

Truthfully, it is probably best that the young D men only get a small cup of coffee, 8-10 games, rather than the full 20.

Roy would have him practice forever first anyway, he wouldn't play 20. We are getting pretty close to the youth movement as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad