Fred Roggin breaks the news on NBC4 Los Angeles - "Lockout is over, in 2 weeks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
The “two weeks†phrase has been bantered about by the media, no one (from either side) has indicated any projected completion date (though Linden et al have hinted in recent reports that the end will come sooner rather than later).

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
It's RSN all over again.

In the old days, we used to talk about software releases this way.
Q: "When's Doom going to be released?" A: "Real Soon Now".

Now, the actual time period that would pass was extremely flexible. Might be a couple of days before it was released, a few weeks, often times was several months or longer.

A CBA will be announced Real Soon Now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
TonySCV said:
Y'all need to lighten up. :)

Just take the comments at face value and stop analyzing them to death!

Y'all? Does that mean you're including me?

Lighten up? Are you saying I'm a burden on you?

What comments should we take at face value, and what if some people put more stock in face value than others? Who do we believe?

By death, do you mean literal or figurative death?

I'm going to analyze everything said until my brain bursts darnit! You can't stop me! Not you, not anyone!

:D

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
marknuck311 said:
Seems to me everyone is hung up on a deal getting done in 2 weeks - problem is, we don't know when the clock started, so when do the "2 weeks" begin and end?
It's like walking to a store and the sign on the door says "Be back in 5 mins."????
Lol. I think we should assume that the two week period starts today, and every day, until the announcement is made, at which point we can back date it.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Agreed, then we'll do a search of all the forums and posts that date back to the beginning of that 2 week period, see who correctly predicted the lockout coming to an end, declare them our new God and ask them & ONLY them all future queries on what player is going where, etc, etc. etc.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
King'sPawn said:
Y'all? Does that mean you're including me?

Lighten up? Are you saying I'm a burden on you?

What comments should we take at face value, and what if some people put more stock in face value than others? Who do we believe?

By death, do you mean literal or figurative death?

I'm going to analyze everything said until my brain bursts darnit! You can't stop me! Not you, not anyone!

I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

And BTW, whatever moderator decided to edit my title so poorly, please fix it so he's quoted properly. You completely mis-quoted him. He didn't say the lockout is over in two weeks. He said the lockout is over. Very different. Direct quotes aren't open for interpretation. That's why it's a quote.

If you're going to leave the bastardized title, it should be changed to "Lockout is over... in two weeks". I went to the trouble of making sure the quote was verbatim - you should too.

- T

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
TonySCV said:
I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

And BTW, whatever moderator decided to edit my title so poorly, please fix it so he's quoted properly. You completely mis-quoted him. He didn't say the lockout is over in two weeks. He said the lockout is over. Very different. Direct quotes aren't open for interpretation. That's why it's a quote.

If you're going to leave the bastardized title, it should be changed to "Lockout is over... in two weeks". I went to the trouble of making sure the quote was verbatim - you should too.

- T

that would be me.

Your original thread title was open to interpretation and implied a done deal.
The title stays as is.

Any further contact you may desire ..PM me, as clearly stated in the rules.

Last edited:

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
just some guy trying to say "see i told u so" in two weeks from now if they do announce it. I could say that to my friends and they would be like wow, how did u know that...but I know better not to guarantee anything anymore.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
I posted the same thing on the devils board 2 weeks ago :D. I think it is gonna get done pretty soon but who knows with goodenow and bettman in charge.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
marknuck311 said:
Agreed, then we'll do a search of all the forums and posts that date back to the beginning of that 2 week period, see who correctly predicted the lockout coming to an end, declare them our new God and ask them & ONLY them all future queries on what player is going where, etc, etc. etc.
Sounds good. I like the way you think, 311. I predict the lockout will end two weeks from . . . NOW.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
timlap said:
Sounds good. I like the way you think, 311. I predict the lockout will end two weeks from . . . NOW.

Now as in the time you typed the word now, now as in the time that the post appears on the site, or now as in the time that I first read your prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->