Freaky Habs Fan's top 30 preview!

toastman344*

Man I really like ur top 8 ! ...Pretty Much Bang on with mine...I mentioned in another thread that I'd have JVR second, or no worse than 3rd. Big, Strong, Fast , Skilled...Definitely like him better than Skinny Turris...Basically, why not take Superior Strength + Skill ...over just Skill ? .... Likewise, I said earlier...that although I wouldn't have Espo top 5 ...He'd be damn close ....Espo impressed me quite a lot in the U18's...

CHEERS !

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Excellent write-up !

I'd probably swap Van Riemsdyk with Turris since Philly is apparently really high on him. Other than that, great job !

:handclap:

deerhunt7

May 8, 2007
Good job. I would be pretty happy if the Wild drafted Patrick White. He is a very good player.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
FHF, good work here, a lot of research and well written.

However, you're way off base with this Penguins peice.

Kris Letang
Carl Sneep
Alex Goligoski
Ryan Whitney
Ryan Lannon
Brian Strait

There is no way we draft a defenseman. Especially a two-way one. Considering we have some of the best out of the recent years.

Crosby, Stone, Malkin, Staal at center.

We need wings. Bad. John Filewich is our ONLY good prospect at the wing.

The Penguins will take Oscar Moller, Billy Sweatt or David Perron. Someone in that mold. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took a winger in the first three rounds this year. We're totally depleted at wing.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/pittsburgh_penguins

After Filewich, we drop off, and in a bad way.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
It's true for Pittsburgh, but I'm sure they would not pass on a defenceman with a high potential. Not saying Blum is there man, but if, on their list, he's the BPA, they will take him and choose more winger after that...

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Appreciate the time it took to put the list/analysis together.

Though I do think that BPA vs need should be like 90>10 ratio, imo :)

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
It's true for Pittsburgh, but I'm sure they would not pass on a defenceman with a high potential. Not saying Blum is there man, but if, on their list, he's the BPA, they will take him and choose more winger after that...

I agree with you. I think there's a good chance that if the value is there they will take it. I just think their main target is a wing.

Again, though, you did a fantastic job with this. :handclap:

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think Lombardi will select Cherepanov. Regardless of the kids talent, he's not big on there not being a transfer agreement.

I find this a little funny, because nothing has changed in regards to Russian labor laws, so If a team wants to sign Cherepanov all he has to do is give 2 weeks notice.

The Russians have tried and failed TWICE now trying to stop players from signing with NHL teams( Ovechkin, Malkin).

The Transfer agreement will not affect an elite level prospect.

Kaktus*

I would like Flyers to draft a center yet again. I am not sold on Carter. Turris? With our 23 pick I would think about LW/RW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
I find this a little funny, because nothing has changed in regards to Russian labor laws, so If a team wants to sign Cherepanov all he has to do is give 2 weeks notice.

The Russians have tried and failed TWICE now trying to stop players from signing with NHL teams( Ovechkin, Malkin).

what the hell are ppl worried about then?

myself i pray that both cherepanov and espo fall to the habs in a Jiri Hudler, O'Sullivan, Schremp and Phill Kessel sort of way

but this time Timmins pick these guys up!!

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

More than twice. I remember Miknov and Taratukin from this year as well.

Default101

i was talking to a colorado scout a few months back he seemed extremely intrested in katic, however Sweatt seems like a prototype of what colorado would want on their team, but if he does get grabbed up early, it could be intresting... Katic is alot like Liles, except faster better defensive, but not as good offensive tools.

Default101

FHF, good work here, a lot of research and well written.

However, you're way off base with this Penguins peice.

Kris Letang
Carl Sneep
Alex Goligoski
Ryan Whitney
Ryan Lannon
Brian Strait

There is no way we draft a defenseman. Especially a two-way one. Considering we have some of the best out of the recent years.

Crosby, Stone, Malkin, Staal at center.

We need wings. Bad. John Filewich is our ONLY good prospect at the wing.

The Penguins will take Oscar Moller, Billy Sweatt or David Perron. Someone in that mold. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took a winger in the first three rounds this year. We're totally depleted at wing.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/pittsburgh_penguins

After Filewich, we drop off, and in a bad way.

Pittsburgh only has 2 real needs, a Power Forward and a big physical defensive defenceman, if we can get a physical defenceman to play a 2nd pairing with Letang, then that would be idea, if we can pick up a young power forward (2008 draft AJ Jenks watch out for him now, solid prototypical powerforward) that would be ideal, especially one that would play the Left side. with that said if someone with the talent of Jonathan Blum drops to 22nd, i won't complain one bit if we select him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->