Frazer McLaren VS Carter Ashton

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Fraser brings a lot more than fighting thats the point..He has the potential to score 8-10 goals be on PK and hit and he can skate very well

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
How could anyone possibly pick McLaren here?

Because Ashton is ineffective playing 4th line minutes. The physicality he showed in the preseason is gone.

McLaren has his faults but his presence (along with Orr) is a deterrent. Look no further than the preseason games vs Buffalo and Philly when Phil was messed with... teams will take liberties with our best players if they feel it will get their mind out of the game and give their team a better chance to win.

You're not going to get much from any player in 4-6 mpg... but Ashton brings nothing to the table seeing limited TOI and he's not good enough for the 3rd line.

Look at Bolland's quote from the weekend when he talked about he mindset of going up against the opposition's top players... he wants to take it to them every shift and make life difficult for them. Some players can do that cleanly while others have no interest in doing so, and those are the players that guys like McLaren are kept around to deal with.

The Leafs should be playing a physical brand of hockey (haven't seen it yet this year) in which we dish out a lot of hits and punish the other teams all night long. Some teams get pretty upset about that, which is another reason we have Orr and McLaren. Last year's brawl against the Habs is a great example of a team that was tired of being pushed around (and lit up on the score board) and tried to push back physically... Orr and McLaren reminded them of exactly where they rank in the league's toughness department.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Neither provide much of anything. Ross, Broll, and Devane will be their replacements within the next few years.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Well considering Orr is not doing his job, I'd rather have McLaren in for him. Hopefully when he gets healthy again, it will motivate Orr again and the bash brothers or Winnipeg blue bombers can reunite.

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
This guy.

frazer_mclaren.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
McLaren by a LONG shot!!

All Ashhole err Ashton is, is a 4th line AHL plug at best! He INTENTIONALLY broke McLaren's finger to steal his spot on the 4th line, well joke is on him, because he got his ass kicked by Tinordi (was cheering for Tinordi after the KO, plus he's an ex London Knight)

McLaren = character and heart
Ashton = one step closer to the ECHL

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Man i wish we hadn't signed mclaren. Totally unnecessary.

Heck, i don't even want orr in there every game, let alone try to find room for a second goon liability out there.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Well considering Orr is not doing his job, I'd rather have McLaren in for him. Hopefully when he gets healthy again, it will motivate Orr again and the bash brothers or Winnipeg blue bombers can reunite.

Orr's not doing his job? :laugh:

mikebel111*

Ashton is a better player on 3rd line. Mclaren will do better in 4th line roll.
However people hating on ashton for no reason though. Still think it was a great trade.

mikebel111*

McLaren by a LONG shot!!

All Ashhole err Ashton is, is a 4th line AHL plug at best! He INTENTIONALLY broke McLaren's finger to steal his spot on the 4th line, well joke is on him, because he got his ass kicked by Tinordi (was cheering for Tinordi after the KO, plus he's an ex London Knight)

McLaren = character and heart
Ashton = one step closer to the ECHL
One of the worst posts i have seen.

mikebel111*

Same people hating on ashton are probably same people that have called biggs a bust

mikebel111*

So now we have gotten to the point where we accuse players of hurting another player

Leafs nation at its finest. IDK how i stand this fan base sometimes

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Same people hating on ashton are probably same people that have called biggs a bust

you must of been a fan of Colby Armstrong if you like Ashton...

fyi Biggs is the prospect i'm the most excited about, i seen him play in London when his Oshawa Generals visited us last year; and i'm excited McKegg as well (another ex knight)

Great heart by ashton to take on someone who is actually a fighter. Shows ashton will do anything for the team.

Yeah shows he loved getting his ASS KICKED by Tinner (GO KNIGHTS GO) McLaren would destroy Tinordi and i am a huge Tinordi fan when he played for us in London

Avec Fromage*

Of all the Leafs call ups, Ashton has been the least impressive in my opinion. Well maybe he beats Abbott. But why is Bodie being scratched in favour of him?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Of all the Leafs call ups, Ashton has been the least impressive in my opinion. Well maybe he beats Abbott. But why is Bodie being scratched in favour of him?

Abbott was definitely better... showed a lot of speed, cant blame him for only getting like 4 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad