Frazer McLaren VS Carter Ashton

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
imo they both fit the 4th line, its orr and his weak skating, horrible ability to handle puck and non existent shot and passing that needs to sit most nights...orr is needed now but when clarkson, fraser, and mcclaren back...orr role is just too limited to waste a spot on

leafspring*

McLaren is a pretty sound fundamentals winger that is consistently responsible for us. Ashton runs around to much. McLaren brings way more intangibles.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ashton.

Very underrated. He can skate, hit and has a bit of skill.

He doesn't fight though, unlike McLaren.

Asthon is better suited for the third line though for his 2-way abilities, not the 4th line as an energy/physical player.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
For a 4th liner I'm looking for someone who can A. hit everything (Komarov) B. kill penalties (McClement) C. Drop 'em / intimidate (Orr). I haven't seen Ashton do any of these things.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I think Carter wins round 1 for sure, his well targeted slash still has Fraser on the sidelines:naughty:

seriously though McLaren AInEC, Ashton hasn't shown anything thus far, Mclaren may not skate quite as well but as a 4th line guy is far more effective. MacLaren handles the puck a little better and certainly is far stronger on the forecheck.......and he is one of the leagues acknowledged heavyweights, Tinordi would've been the one with the broken beak had he had to have fought McLaren instead of Carter Ashton

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I still don't get anything out of watching Ashton. The best thing he can do is run around a bit and throw his weight against the other teams depth players, but he doesn't really forecheck all that well, doesn't put points on the board and doesn't excel in his own end.

He's just "there". Doesn't hurt us but doesn't offer anything to help the team either. Competant fourth liners are necessary but it would be nice if they had at least one redeeming quality, like Orr, McClement, and Komorov.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm not afraid to admit that McLaren is one of my favorite Leafs, so I'm gonna go with the Razor hands down

DaveT83*

ahahah Ashton - no way

Now Aulie vs McLaren that might have been a bit less lopsided.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Ashton can not fight, can not score and is not great defensively....he is a career AHL player.

McLaren can fight and is not a liability defensively.....not even close.

Asif16*

Mclaren my main boy. No competition. He woudve whooped tinordi's ass

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
McLaren would have rag dolled Tinordi and it would have been bad..

McLaren is not only tall he is thick he is 6'5.5 but 255lb

Its one thing to be tall but another to be thick...

Hope he is back soon Carlyle really likes him too

leafstilldeath*

People underestimate McLaren's ability to cycle, his defensive play and his skating speed. He is not only a great fighter but also has good hockey skills.

Larry FTW

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Pretty sure before McLaren got hurt, he was getting PK minutes in training camp. He adds a lot more to the team and game if he can PK plus do everything else he does.

leafstilldeath*

I wonder how pissed off McLaren is with Ashton knocking him out and then taking his spot on the roster....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If it was me I would be supremely pissed. From what I recall McLaren actually knocked down Ashton on the ice after Ashton went all Samurai slashing on Larry's pinky lol

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Mclaren an easy win for this year. If ashton can round out his game and be physical in every game while providing scoring chance he can take it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad