TV: Frasier getting a Reboot, Kelsey Grammer returning

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Will give it a chance but the 90s/early-00s setting is what gave it its charm (I viewed it for the first time between 2014-17) and I don't think that they can capture that same long-gone vibe.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I'm cautiously optimistic. Grammer and Hype Pierce are old guys now, but I suppose they might be two funny old farts - provided they still have their comic timing.

Frasier had a fantastic supporting cast of characters. Would love to see Bulldog back, as well as Bebe and Gil Chesterton. And of course some good new characters.

I agree that this won't be the same show without Martin. And without Eddie. But it could still be different and good.

I'd love to see more Georges Feydeau-inspired episodes. You know, the farces - like The Ski Lodge. I adore those.

Reactions: Kurtz

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I just hope they don't do what The Conners and Cobra Kai do and rely on today's culture and how different it is from during their original run as a running gag, "What is this preposterous 'hashtag' people are going on about, Niles!"

Will give it a chance but the 90s/early-00s setting is what gave it its charm (I viewed it for the first time between 2014-17) and I don't think that they can capture that same long-gone vibe.

Agree, the biggest moment for me that really showed the shows age was how repulsed Frasier and Niles looked when they saw the Shangri-la for the first time. A dump in the mid 90's, a castle today especially in Seattle.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I wonder if Spencer Grammer will get involved too. She is pretty good in her own right.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I'm cautiously optimistic. Grammer and Hype Pierce are old guys now, but I suppose they might be two funny old farts - provided they still have their comic timing.

Frasier had a fantastic supporting cast of characters. Would love to see Bulldog back, as well as Bebe and Gil Chesterton. And of course some good new characters.

I agree that this won't be the same show without Martin. And without Eddie. But it could still be different and good.

I'd love to see more Georges Feydeau-inspired episodes. You know, the farces - like The Ski Lodge. I adore those.

Yeah, the farces were always the highpoints. The Ski Lodge, Niles ironing his pants before a date, The Radio Play mystery, The Restaurant.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
No thanks

Series ended fine and doesn't need to continue/be rebooted

Also at this point has there been any of these (Long after) reboots that were any good?

Some have. Samurai Jack, Twilight zone, Battlestar Gallactica

I’m pumped for Jetsons!

Mar 1, 2002
giphy.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Frasier character was what like mid to late 50’s when the show ended. Now he’s be like 70?

I’d imagine they basically replace Martin’s screen time with that of his son’s character who would be around 30.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Shows that need reboots are ones that ended prematurely. American Vandal, Pushing Daisies, maybe something like Better Off Ted. We have unresolved storylines here.

Frasier though ran a nice 11 season course, that's more than perfect isn't it? In fact if anything it declined a bit in the last two seasons.

Maybe a reunion special, some Zoom script reading like Community, etc. Trying to recapture a 90s network sitcom in the 2010s or 2020s though is just a recipe for disaster no matter how good the cast.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
No thanks

Series ended fine and doesn't need to continue/be rebooted

Also at this point has there been any of these (Long after) reboots that were any good?
Cobra Kai is excellent. Everyone else is trying to steal the formula.

Twin Peaks seemed ok, and had a built in reason for returning.

There was a Seinfeld reunion in 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'.

Reactions: hoglund

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Frasier is my favorite comedy series.

If they do this they need to have Daphne, Roz & Niles.

Also, Lilith needs to guest!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Believe it or not, Kelsey Grammer was 38 when the show started.
Dang. He always came across as older. Guess a thinning hairline, deep voice and coming off sophisticated ages a guy to the viewing audience.

Mai he finished the show at 49 and it’s been like 15 years or something since it ended? So he’s basically a senior citizen now.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm always skeptical of revivals like this, especially those shows that are closely linked with a particular era. They tried it with The X-Files and it didn't work. They tried it with Murphy Brown and it didn't work. I think they are supposed to try it with Mad About You (which may or may not work) and now they are trying it with Frasier. I just don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->