F Fraser Minten - Kamloops Blazers, WHL (2022, 38th, TOR)

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Thanks for putting this up. Not sure if people realize Fraser was Bedard's linemate at West Van. Well, old West Van.

Good to see him and Connor on the Blazers, lots of good hockey players came through the Mutants (and Bears I suppose).

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Worth a bump.

Regular season :

Finished his 17 year old regular season with 20 goals (10 pp, 1 sh, 1 gw) and 55 points in 65 games
Fraser was +23 had 212 sog with around 600 face-off wins.

finished 5th in goals with in team and 5th in points as well

Play-Offs :

Has so far scored 5 goals (1 pp, 3 sh, 3 gw) and 12 points in 12 games
Fraser is +2 has 46 shots on goal and around 120 face-off wins.

is 3rd in goals with in team and 3rd in points as well

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Worth a bump.

Regular season :

Finished his 17 year old rookie season with 20 goals (10 pp, 1 sh, 1 gw) and 55 points in 65 games
Fraser was +23 had 212 sog with around 600 face-off wins.

finished 5th in goals with in team and 5th in points as well

Play-Offs :

Has so far scored 5 goals (1 pp, 3 sh, 3 gw) and 12 points in 12 games
Fraser is +2 has 46 shots on goal and around 120 face-off wins.

is 3rd in goals with in team and 3rd in points as well
Giants regular here, he was an absolute pain to play against. So hard to describe but almost every time you saw a smart, simple play on either end it ended up being number 16. You don't necessarily notice him doing anything crazy but he makes things happen.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Giants regular here, he was an absolute pain to play against. So hard to describe but almost every time you saw a smart, simple play on either end it ended up being number 16. You don't necessarily notice him doing anything crazy but he makes things happen.

thanks from the info

any idea is he gonna be 2nd or 3rd rounder?

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
thanks from the info

any idea is he gonna be 2nd or 3rd rounder?
Not too sure, because I don't see the capacity for him to be a play driver at the NHL level. He could be a really good middle six complimentary player, though. Think the ceiling of a smaller Nick Paul?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm the only one who think that he is really underrated? I really like his skillset and he is one of the most young player in that draft.

Reactions: LeafChief

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
hope this works out but seems like a reach with all the big names still available like Warren, Sykora, and Chelsey going one pick prior

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
hope this works out but seems like a reach with all the big names still available like Warren, Sykora, and Chelsey going one pick prior
What did you like about those players specifically over Minten?

Not sure Chelsey applies as he wasn't available to be picked at 38.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Seems like a reach and then you name a player drafted before him lol. Makes 0 sense.
You pick the one player I mentioned specifically going one before him from a list of players.

He is a reach - and his lack of an active prospect thread should inform you of that. He's very unknown to a lot of posters and is a projected 3C. No need to get offended over my opinion.

I'm just very disappointed we traded down from a pick where we could have gotten the likes of Rinzel, Mesar, Lambert, Chelsey. Even those players aside, there were others like Warren, Luneau, Trikozov, Goyette, Hutson, and Sykora with tremendous upside and 1st round talent.

I'm not saying this pick can't be good - it's always disappointing when there are players you follow and just know they have a high possibility of success - and then you don't.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
A little surprised we took Minten. From my viewings I’m guessing his iq was the deciding factor. He reads developing plays very well on both sides of the puck. I’d say his offensive potential is average.
A two way 3rd line center that ends up on #1 PK and potentially 2nd unit PP.
Useful player to have in the system but not an exciting pick as the crown jewel of a draft.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
You pick the one player I mentioned specifically going one before him from a list of players.

He is a reach - and his lack of an active prospect thread should inform you of that. He's very unknown to a lot of posters and is a projected 3C. No need to get offended over my opinion.

I'm just very disappointed we traded down from a pick where we could have gotten the likes of Rinzel, Mesar, Lambert, Chelsey. Even those players aside, there were others like Warren, Luneau, Trikozov, Goyette, Hutson, and Sykora with tremendous upside and 1st round talent.

I'm not saying this pick can't be good - it's always disappointing when there are players you follow and just know they have a high possibility of success - and then you don't.

The biggest factors at play here were his decent skating ability, high hockey IQ and his young age being one of the youngest players in the draft. The leafs are gambling he will have a breakout season offensively in his D+1.

He's a safe pick in a sense because he's probably guaranteed a 4th line role in the nhl with his defensive attributes.

This pick is similar to the Freddy Gauthier pick in many ways. Lets hope that unlike Freddy he develops more of an offensive game next season.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
The biggest factors at play here were his decent skating ability, high hockey IQ and his young age being one of the youngest players in the draft. The leafs are gambling he will have a breakout season offensively in his D+1.

He's a safe pick in a sense because he's probably guaranteed a 4th line role in the nhl with his defensive attributes.

This pick is similar to the Freddy Gauthier pick in many ways. Lets hope that unlike Freddy he develops more of an offensive game next season.
And my point is you don't waste a first or early second on Freddy Gauthier - unless that player has the ceiling of Danault, Bergeron, Etc.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Freddy had a higher ceiling at the time he as drafted. He just didn't develop his skills in the following years. There was no progression.
He was projected as a #3C when he was drafted. Anything more was just wishful thinking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad