Frans Nielsen on the block?

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
With the HFNHL Edmonton Oilers in financial distress and low attendance after a poor start GM Niece may finally be coming to the conclusion that the luxury of having a talented 2nd line center playing 3rd line is one he cannot afford much longer.

With a 84 skating rating, amazing 95 face off rating, 75 passing, 73 scoring, and a respectable 72 DF there isn’t many teams that Nielsen wouldn’t be a good top 6 forward fit for.

What would the team be looking for in return? Well the Oilers only have one fixed requirement, a cheaper quality 3b or 4th line center with a reasonable SK, FO, and DF rating to be effective in the role. Of course the team would want a ‘plus something’ that has a future to motivate the team to part with Nielsen but what that is depends on who the center is being offered in return.

As the only realistically tradeable asset on the team right now GM Niece is expected to be picky on the return and of course he has been known to be patient if he doesn’t feel it makes sense for the team.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I have an offer but you don't reply to emails...so my offer is lost in the internet ;)

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
I have double checked, even the spam folder, and do not have a trade offer from you Alvaro ... no emails since the minor July deal. Please send again.

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
Nielsen is on the move to Florida.

Ever since it was leaked that the HFNHL Oilers were considering moving him Nielsen started auditioning for potential suitors going on a tear of 12pts in 10 games.

The return was a package of pieces that includes Lee Stempniak, Martins Dzierkals (ryhmes with circles). Michael Bunting, a 2019 5th, and $1.5M.

While the return wasn't great it was the best on tap in a weak trade market ... at least for Nielsen.

While the team remains open to talk trade it could be awhile if the trade market offerings remain weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad