Frans Nielsen- 2013-14 Goal Total

Discussion in 'New York Islanders' started by SDIsles34, Oct 29, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. SDIsles34

SDIsles34 Registered User

Frans Nielsen is off to a crazy start. Can he continue to produce offensively? He is expected to "fall back to earth" but to what degree? Would love to hear everyones thoughts.

2. 19NYSports91

19NYSports91 Registered User

He's on pace for 52 goals, but obviously that's not happening. Realistically I would say 21-25. He doesn't shoot enough to get 30 goals imo and is more of a playmaker. He has a great release on his shots, always did.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  3. Bunk Moreland

Bunk Moreland Registered User

He's not going to keep up this pace I mean hell I would love it if he did but it wouldn't surprise me if he broke 20 especially with his start and the glut of power play minutes he's racking up.

4. RMimagery

RMimagery Registered User

He's 7-8-15 in 11 games.

I voted 26+ because getting 19 goals in 71 games seems more than likely.

A points total poll would've been good. I say 27-38-65 is attainable this year and wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be more. The team's depth has grown as Bailey and Grabs have improved as well.

He has a ton more confidence and it's making a difference. He's flying into the zone like never before and it's great to watch. All aspects have matured into a complete player. He had the D, now the O is catching up.

He's making better and more decisive passes. He needs to think shoot first when he's in the slot and has a good opportunity. That late Bailey goal vs Pitt was almost a disaster as Frans was right in front of a downed goalie when he passed to Bails - it worked out. But I want him to see blood when he has the chance to score. His hands are really something.

5. blinkman360

blinkman360 Loyal Players Only

I agree. I'd be shocked if he doesn't break 20. My guess is he'll fall just short of 30. He's playing on what is looking like a very dangerous 2nd line, and he's getting 1st PP unit time with Tavares and now Vanek. Even if the goals die off, he should still rack up the assists.

This is shaping up to be a career year for Frans.

6. SDIsles34

SDIsles34 Registered User

It's easy to forget about the job Snow has done with Frans' contracts too. Both team friendly and good length. Never a doubt that he is part of the core.

7. InformTheMasses

InformTheMasses Registered User

Home Page:
    I get the feeling that Frans could be an Islanders lifer. I think he could play for a long time as long as his health holds up. Then afterwards could see him staying in a coaching capacity or go home to Europe and be a scout. He's a smart guy, loves the Organization, loves Long Island. Could be the next Ken Morrow in that regard.

8. Cavonnier

Cavonnier Registered User

I own one Islanders jersey, and it's a Nielsen jersey, so I love the guy. That said, does anybody think he could be used as trade bait because we already have John Tavares, Cizikas, and Nelson, with Strome remaining at center (for now, at least)?

9. PK Cronin

PK Cronin Bailey Fan Club Prez

You never know for sure, but I think he's a big piece to this franchises long term success.

If/when Strome comes in as a C, we're going to have a great bunch of them and Nielsen will be a part of that.

10. Bagge

Bagge Registered User

Frans have said multiple times in danish media that he would like to stay in NY Islanders for a long, long time. Not saying it directly, but reading between the lines he means that he would like to end his career as an Islander.