Speculation: Frank Servalli says Laine/Ehlers could be trade bait for Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Actually some Minny fans love the ideal of getting Danault.
A lot revolved around Dumba and Brodin.
Many Minny fans make it clear that Brodin was a no and the talked switch to Dumba.
Some are opposed to it from both sides but i have seen quite a few that this was interesting right up to doable.
Also
So now your saying Dumba is the worst asset in the deal?
I mean they come out the worst as you claim.
Dumba is the worst player of those 3, not the worst asset (nor did anything I said imply that). Danault one year from UFA is the worst asset. As I said, Minnesota would have to be able to agree on a contract with him ahead of time. Then I could see a trade working for Montreal and Minnesota (leaving Winnipeg out of it).

The 3 way deal is terrible for Winnipeg because Ehlers is by far the best asset.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dumba is the worst player of those 3, not the worst asset (nor did anything I said imply that). Danault one year from UFA is the worst asset. As I said, Minnesota would have to be able to agree on a contract with him ahead of time. Then I could see a trade working for Montreal and Minnesota (leaving Winnipeg out of it).

The 3 way deal is terrible for Winnipeg because Ehlers is by far the best asset.

It has been made clear in every thread that Danault would a contract agreement in place.
I'm quite surprise you have Dumba as the worst player.
While Ehlers is the so -called best asset [ i say that only not everyone agrees with that even though i somewhat agree] Which one one be the better fit for your team?
As a Hab fan i really don't know your needs even though it has been mentioned a top 4 and a 2nd line C is what your looking for.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It has been made clear in every thread that Danault would a contract agreement in place.
I'm quite surprise you have Dumba as the worst player.
While Ehlers is the so -called best asset [ i say that only not everyone agrees with that even though i somewhat agree] Which one one be the better fit for your team?
As a Hab fan i really don't know your needs even though it has been mentioned a top 4 and a 2nd line C is what your looking for.

Dumba is a fine player, but a poor fit on the Jets. He's 6 foot and 180lbs.......which is below average for a NHL in both categories. He's offensive minded, which the Jets don't need. Dumba is really a bad fit on the Jets. Jets need a top 4 guy who is big, phyiscal and nasty and defensive minded. Chevy is kicking tires, seeing where the market is at around the league and potentially determining where a guy like Pionk value might be at. Highly unlikely Dumba would be a real want for Chevy, unlike but not impossible. Pass

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dumba is a fine player, but a poor fit on the Jets. He's 6 foot and 180lbs.......which is below average for a NHL in both categories. He's offensive minded, which the Jets don't need. Dumba is really a bad fit on the Jets. Jets need a top 4 guy who is big, phyiscal and nasty and defensive minded. Chevy is kicking tires, seeing where the market is at around the league and potentially determining where a guy like Pionk value might be at. Highly unlikely Dumba would be a real want for Chevy, unlike but not impossible. Pass
That opens up my eyes a lot more. Ty.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That opens up my eyes a lot more. Ty.

Jets are much better off keeping Ehlers and signing guys like Dillon and/or DeMelo for free. DeMelo has already stated he wants to stay publically multi times, understanding locally is term is the one part needs to be solved not dollars.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dumba is not worth Ehlers or Laine and that is totally laughable.

No f***ing chance of that bullshit happening.
Could you please let us now what kind of return you expect for Ehlers.
Like actual names. Inquiring minds would like to know.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Could you please let us now what kind of return you expect for Ehlers.
Like actual names. Inquiring minds would like to know.
Put it this way: if Drouin was the real deal & actually good (and consistently so) and scoring 60-65+ pts per season with his contract... what would you (we) be wanting to trade him for? Certainly not a defenseman who had a bad season (following a bad injury) or an incoming UFA.

We’ve got to give to get. Want Ehlers/Laine? Pay the price which starts with one of Danault (UFA)/Domi (RFA) ++. The ++ could be one of our top prospects (think Caufield/Romanov) and our 1st for someone like Laine, or simply a decent prospect and 1st for Ehlers - I would say. That said, WPG might rightfully want more for Ehlers only because he’s on such a good contract for several years, and same with Laine since he’s so young and capable of a tremendous amount.

I personally wouldn’t pay the price to get Laine just because I have really high hopes that Romanov becomes a top-2 and Caufield becomes our top scorer. But, I reckon, it’s what it’ll cost, at the very least.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCAFguytip24112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->