Signing(s): Frank Gore with the Bills (1 year, $2 million)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Gore is the NFL's version of Vince Carter.

I wish both of them signed with franchises that have a shot at the playoffs and more

Reactions: Bob Richards

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can pass Sanders for 3rd on the all time rushing list with 600 yards or so this year (he had 722 last year).

Does he make the HOF? Extremely consistent player but never really had one of those "wow" seasons. Thing is, every from 1-15 on the rushing yards list is in. except for Edgerrin James and how do you explain leaving the guy w. the 3rd or 4th most rushing yards in history out of Canton?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Can pass Sanders for 3rd on the all time rushing list with 600 yards or so this year (he had 722 last year).

Does he make the HOF? Extremely consistent player but never really had one of those "wow" seasons. Thing is, every from 1-15 on the rushing yards list is in. except for Edgerrin James and how do you explain leaving the guy w. the 3rd or 4th most rushing yards in history out of Canton?

He really shouldnt make the HOF. He is more of a stat compiler than an all-time great. Great guy though and a consummate pro.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

I think 2006 would count as a wow season. Not far off in 2009 too but I agree that he was rarely an elite running back. He's got like 9-10 1000yd seasons and 5 pro bowls so he'll likely get in at somepoint imo.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

He's a 100% lock to make the hof.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't think he's a HOFer, but he'll get there eventually.

Not only is he still playing, he had a 126 game played streak snapped last year. And about 3/4ths of that streak was played in his 30s. At running back. Insane.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think 2006 would count as a wow season. Not far off in 2009 too but I agree that he was rarely an elite running back. He's got like 9-10 1000yd seasons and 5 pro bowls so he'll likely get in at somepoint imo.

Was he a top 5/10 player that year tho? Lead in rushing YDs but nothing really popped out. I think he'll eventually get in but he might have to wait.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Was he a top 5/10 player that year tho? Lead in rushing YDs but nothing really popped out. I think he'll eventually get in but he might have to wait.
Hard to say but maybe not. The 5.4 yards per carry was impressive too. I agree that he'll have to wait awhile.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What, maintaining a 4.5 yard per attempt this many years into his career isn't impressive?

Some of y'all got revisionist history simply because he's old now. No rb in this game is as durable or consistent as #21, and that's coming off of 2 major knee injuries in college.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I dont think being a compiler in the NFL is really a thing, its too hard to have long careers to compile top 3 career numbers

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I dont think being a compiler in the NFL is really a thing, its too hard to have long careers to compile top 3 career numbers
Ya, thinking about more I'd say being an effective starting RB in the NFL for 14 seasons is quite a feat on its own. He was definitely a top 5 RB for at least a few seasons too. Maybe not ever a top 5 player in the league but that doesn't mean he's not hall worthy. There's a lot more than 5 future hall of famers in the league right now and every season in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad