Eurolanche: Francouz interview: My future in Colorado

EurolancheDavid

What did the past season in the AHL give you? Do you regret anything? How was it compared to the KHL?
First of all, I want to say that I certainly don’t regret it. I always wanted to try my luck in North America, it’s been a dream of mine and I finally managed to fulfill it, albeit partially (as of now). It was an awesome year. I really enjoyed playing there, which is the most important thing. All in all, hockey in North America is different. You play on a smaller rink. The players crash the net a lot more and are prone to screen you more often, which was and remains the biggest difference for me. You really need to fight to see each puck and to give yourself a chance to make a save. I had to adjust my style a bit because of all this. When I went overseas, I told myself that even if I’d return after the season (back to Europe), the experience would still help me improve as a goalie. My mindset was that I’d try something new, which would give me a lot of invaluable experience.

Hockey aside, how was it from a personal standpoint?
It also gave me a lot. I got to know a different mentality, a different way of life and an entirely different world. Personally, I like to experience and get to know new cultures. Colorado’s a beautiful place. There’s wonderful, fresh air and lots of sunshine. Things like these do a lot for you mentally – when you wake up to a beautiful sunny morning, you’re positive and in a good mood from the get-go.

FULL INTERVIEW: Francouz interview: My future in Colorado - Eurolanche.com

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Seems Sakic didn't screw him and he was prepared for an AHL season all along.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business-Neutral.jpg

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Like what I saw in very limited work and was a model citizen and very good in the AHL. I’m pretty comfortable with moving forward with Grubsy and Frank as long as we get a solid veteran third choice keeper in the org. Will keep a lot of cash free to address other needs.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad