Francis Bouillon - The worst player to have on the ice when it matters

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I left this board last night because the whole GDT became a Bouillon hate fest and absolutely nothing else; consecutive pages about Bouillon being the worst NHL D while both teams were scoring and a game was actually going on.

You have to admit that's utterly ridiculous.

Somebody should've started this hate Bouillon thread much earlier do deflect useless traffic from the GDT. Bouillon is worthwhile in a much smaller role than he is currently playing due to the Gorges injury. He's at the crossroads of his career, period.

To state Tinordi, or another rookie D wouldn't make the same, or any, mistakes is idiotic. To claim you'd rather live with mistakes from rookies than dwindling veterans is another, more justifiable statement.

Still, there's two philosophies regarding this during a final stretch where teams are still fighting for a playoff hunt. One side still thinks you should give talented rookies more experience. The other side maintains that a veteran will have more composure under pressure and will end up making less mistakes, even though they might still make some.

IMO, the only rookie D that merits ice time, regardless of the mistakes they make is Beaulieu, mainly because he brings offense, something NONE of the veteran Ds like Bouillon, Weaver and, even, Murray, can bring. In that case, the mistakes are far outweighed by a missing element to our current D, offense beyond Markov and Subban….

Somehow, I feel an opinion that goes beyond "Bouillon sucks!", like this one is a little more interesting than the venting going on….

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe guys you should watch the Calgary -Edmonton game . You will see what a bad D-corp and a bad coach is in the blue jerseys.

Bouillon would look like Bobby Orr on the Oilers defence.
Not sure what your point is here...

The Oilers don't have Subban, Markov, Gorges, Beaulieu and are terrible. Would anyone disagree.

Bouillion still sucks and no he wouldn't look like Bobby Orr over there.
I left this board last night because the whole GDT became a Bouillon hate fest and absolutely nothing else; consecutive pages about Bouillon being the worst NHL D while both teams were scoring and a game was actually going on.

You have to admit that's utterly ridiculous.

Somebody should've started this hate Bouillon thread much earlier do deflect useless traffic from the GDT. Bouillon is worthwhile in a much smaller role than he is currently playing due to the Gorges injury. He's at the crossroads of his career, period.

To state Tinordi, or another rookie D wouldn't make the same, or any, mistakes is idiotic. To claim you'd rather live with mistakes from rookies than dwindling veterans is another, more justifiable statement.

Still, there's two philosophies regarding this during a final stretch where teams are still fighting for a playoff hunt. One side still thinks you should give talented rookies more experience. The other side maintains that a veteran will have more composure under pressure and will end up making less mistakes, even though they might still make some.

IMO, the only rookie D that merits ice time, regardless of the mistakes they make is Beaulieu, mainly because he brings offense, something NONE of the veteran Ds like Bouillon, Weaver and, even, Murray, can bring. In that case, the mistakes are far outweighed by a missing element to our current D, offense beyond Markov and Subban….

Somehow, I feel an opinion that goes beyond "Bouillon sucks!", like this one is a little more interesting than the venting going on….
There was a time where Bouillion was actually a pretty good 2nd or 3rd pairing blueliner. He stuck up for his teammates and played some good hockey. But his time has past. There's just no way he should be in our lineup right now.

My guess is they're trying to teach some kind of lesson to Beaulieu... there can't be any other explanation for him not being here now.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Rather have Murray and Tinordi on the ice as the 5-6 pairing over seeing Boullion and Weaver....Especially Boullion playing freaking 26 minutes a game!

Emelin Markov
Subban Gorges (when Healthy)
Murray Tinordi

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I really like the title to this thread because he does make most of the routine plays and some good ones, but really when it comes down to it he makes REALLY stupid mistakes when good players are on the ice and then it leads to a goal. The thing that really makes me angry though is that he won't get scratched next game making more than one mistake even though they will scratch tinordi when he makes one bad mistake and he is still learning. I'm not going to say bouillon shouldn't play just going to say that it is idiotic to play him 25 minutes.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Rather have Murray and Tinordi on the ice as the 5-6 pairing over seeing Boullion and Weaver....Especially Boullion playing freaking 26 minutes a game!

Emelin Markov
Subban Gorges (when Healthy)
Murray Tinordi

Better yet, play Beaulieu instead of Murray

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Gorges

Looks good, but reality is you can't break into two rookie defenceman (who have barely played in the regular season) during the playoffs. It can't happen. It means that when you're up by 1 with 3 minutes to go, or you're in OT, you're essentially playing with 4 defenceman. Way too risky.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
The two obvious issues on defense right now is that we let the forwards rush our zone way too easily. Our d are giving too much of the blue line and the sweet spot where snipers rips them.

Second, other teams have figured out that a late rushing offensive player gets all the space and time he wants to take a great shot from the slot. Viewing from a television screen, we see that a creative and skilled offensive team can play with our defense like dolls, because we always give a great option. It works with price because he is the best goalie in the league, but i just don't undertsand why the strategy would be to let price do miracles.

They're the heart attacks habs more now than ever.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The two obvious issues on defense right now is that we let the forwards rush our zone way too easily. Our d are giving too much of the blue line and the sweet spot where snipers rips them.

Second, other teams have figured out that a late rushing offensive player gets all the space and time he wants to take a great shot from the slot. Viewing from a television screen, we see that a creative and skilled offensive team can play with our defense like dolls, because we always give a great option. It works with price because he is the best goalie in the league, but i just don't undertsand why the strategy would be to let price do miracles.

They're the heart attacks habs more now than ever.

You are making a very valid point.

On this board, the D are vilified (well, all but two--not counting the rookies) on a game after game basis. If not Bouillon, then Murray or Gorges or Emelin and Weaver is still too new.

The bigger issue is the passive system that Therrien has the Habs playing. The Habs forwards are as much to blame if not more for allowing the easy access into our zone and then allowing the open shots from the slot.

The two DMen on the ice per shift can only do so much.

habitue*

I don't mind Bouillon as 3rd pairing guy. But him playing 25 min a night is an aberration.

Have you noticed that Gorges is injured and that Murray and Weaver are third pairing d-men at best ?

You can point fingers to the other 19 guys, but you won't.

void

Jan 5, 2006
It'll be fun to watch Bouillon play 25 mins in the playoffs. I can't wait!

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I missed out on the bash-fest, but wow, Bouillon is definitely unsuited to playing 25 mins in a game with our best skater. It is insane. I don't think that Bouillon is a completely attrocious player, and in 13-17 minutes a night on a 3rd pairing, I could imagine him being maybe a modestly acceptable #6/7 option for an NHL team. But I just cannot fathom how Therrien sees him as a viable option in the role he's been in since his triumphant return to the linuep. It's unfathomable. #FireTherrien.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I missed out on the bash-fest, but wow, Bouillon is definitely unsuited to playing 25 mins in a game with our best skater. It is insane. I don't think that Bouillon is a completely attrocious player, and in 13-17 minutes a night on a 3rd pairing, I could imagine him being maybe a modestly acceptable #6/7 option for an NHL team. But I just cannot fathom how Therrien sees him as a viable option in the role he's been in since his triumphant return to the linuep. It's unfathomable. #FireTherrien.

...welcome to The Movement, brother...have some Kool-Aid...:laugh:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Have you noticed that Gorges is injured and that Murray and Weaver are third pairing d-men at best ?

You can point fingers to the other 19 guys, but you won't.

Regardless of Gorges injury, there is no reason to play a guy that wasn't even dressed before the most out of anyone. I mean the guy went from healthy scratch to playing the most... I could see it if he was playing amazing hockey but he is not. Hell, even if he was, it still makes no sense.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
What bugs me is that Bouillon is just getting this ice time because he is a huge coach favourite. He is not big, he isnt physical, he does not have a lick of offensive ability, he consistently looks clueless out there yet he gets played over a young D-man that should be playing those minutes.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

It is ridiculous, and it is not even like he is covering for Subban's mistakes on D. Each play he is getting passed up by someone and when we get scored on he looks like he doesn't even know where he is. If he plays with a guy like Murray on the 3rd pairing for like 13 minutes a night he will be effective. Not for 25 minutes.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Therrien's trying to tank and the players won't let it happen...only rational explanation for Boo Boo playing with Subban...hell, only rational explanation for Boo Boo playing...:rant:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
...Therrien's trying to tank and the players won't let it happen...only rational explanation for Boo Boo playing with Subban...hell, only rational explanation for Boo Boo playing...:rant:

MB should pull a moneyball move and trade him so MT can't play him :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Bouillon is okay and gives you exactly what you expect, if he doesn't play everygame and doesn't spend too much time on the ice when he does play.

ATM, he's put exactly in a situation to fail. So he fails.

I can't see why that is a surprise.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What bugs me is that Bouillon is just getting this ice time because he is a huge coach favourite. He is not big, he isnt physical, he does not have a lick of offensive ability, he consistently looks clueless out there yet he gets played over a young D-man that should be playing those minutes.

He's playing a lot cause he's a good puck-moving defenseman. He's not that good at everything else but he can move the puck quickly. I think he looked good against Buffalo and the Avs, not so much against Columbus and the Leafs. But our whole defensive squad looked bad against these guys in our zone.

So in short, Cube is blamed a lot but most of the time, when the Habs play good, he plays good, when they play bad, he plays bad. He's that unsegnificant. Of course he shouldn't play that much but the loss of Gorges is starting to be hard to compensate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->