Francis Bouillon - The worst player to have on the ice when it matters

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bouillon wasn't on the ice for any goals against....

Markov absolutely blew his coverage and let two guys casually stand in front and deflect a puck in the net. He also missed a really excellent scoring chance.

Subban missed a wide open net and was caught up ice on the first goal.

Tinordi and Gorges paired up for an absolutely idiotic turnover that resulted in a goal and Tinordi had several missed defensive assignments throughout the game.

We're talking about Bouillon? People still watch the games, right? Or is that too old-school?

Bouillon is 5'8" and 37 years old, if that isn't proof he cost the Habs the game...I don't know what is.

:shakehead

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I just can't blame him... he's a serviceable 6th/7th D who's being given top 3 minutes. He's doing the best he could with his very limited set of skills.

The management and coaching staff are the ones who should be questioned.

Therien is simply an idiot. Subban wasn't on the ice the last 2 minutes. Gorges wasn't seen the last 10 minutes. Emelin was nowhere to be seen.

...yet Bouillon is on the ice the last minute of a game. :shakehead

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I have to admit at the end of the game seeing Boullion kill the clock with his bad passes, it made me cringe. Not because I was angry at Cube, but because I was pissed Therrien put him out there. I would have rather a forward than Cube in that situation.

Not his fault though, I blame Therrien for wasting offensive minutes on DD and Frankie.

They should just do this:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque
E-G-G
DD-Briere-Gionta (midget line, with Briere as center)

Yeah, that 3rd line is disgusting, but I'd rather they all be on the same line than wasting the time of our real forwards. I love Gionta for the record, and would switch him and Bourque around depending on the game/situation, but it's obvious who our real top 6 forwards are this season so far. DD is only one in terms of TOI.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Put Bouillon and DD on waivers and nobody would pick them up yet we use them in important roles.

This is maybe the most frustrating thing about all of this... i have to agree with it

i cant hate on bouillon too much, but its interresting to see a number 7 D get relied upon like a number 3-4

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Therien is simply an idiot. Subban wasn't on the ice the last 2 minutes. Gorges wasn't seen the last 10 minutes. Emelin was nowhere to be seen.

...yet Bouillon is on the ice the last minute of a game. :shakehead

Kind of difficult to be on the ice when you are in the penalty box for taking a stupid cross checking penalty. :shakehead

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Any one who looks at the score sheet and sees the ice time that Bouillon and DD get, they'll see the primary reason we are not winning games.

Therrien is too stupid to use PK on the PK and for the full 2 minutes on the PP. He won't get worn out, he's the kind of guy who eats well, exercises like a mad man and he has energy to burn, even when he's off the ice, he's eccentric, full of life and energy. He's just built that way, you can afford to stretch his ice time into 30 minutes a night until Emelin comes back and gives us some stability back there.

The EGG line is our best line, which means, they should be double shifted. They should be put out there on the PP more. If players aren't going, like DD, double shift him with Patches and Briere. Put Galchenyuk on Plekanec's wing for a shift if Bourque isn't moving. There's plenty of things you can do to maximize your line-up.

Instead, Therrien uses DD and Bouillon like stars when they are duds.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
That's his point...Therrien was deprived of the services of Subban, Emelin and Gorges for the last 2 minutes of the game last night and had to rely on other guys like Bouillon.

And boy did Bouillon answered well!

Our goalie is pulled, we need control of the puck to attack... Bouillon gets the puck twice and both time, he purposely give it back to the Flames.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
And boy did Bouillon answered well!

Our goalie is pulled, we need control of the puck to attack... Bouillon gets the puck twice and both time, he purposely give it back to the Flames.

Oh I agree, he was hilarious/awful...but that's what happens when you overextend a guy like Bouillon, putting him in situations he shouldn't be in.

I agree with Monctonscout that Therrien's hands were tied to a degree in that situation...but that's still no excuse to keep sending the guy out to sap the offense from the second wave of our powerplay, for example. Therrien has to take the blame for that.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Yes, too much icetime for Bouillon last night. Therrien needs to smarten up and reduce it. Hopefully Beaulieu will take his place on the powerplay.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs have several useless or disappointing players. Bouillon, Desharnais, and White are awful offensively and defensively. Bourque has been disappointing. Briere is no better than what was predicted for him. Tinordi isn't ready. Markov is old.

With so many passengers, how can Subban and the EGG line carry them without sinking? There's very little Bergevin can do to fix the problem, although he's responsible for creating some of it by extending Desharnais and Bouillon and signing Briere. Was he unduly influenced by Therrien?

It may take a while for the dirty residue to go down the drain and fresh water to flow.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Can anyone imagine if, in 2008, I told you that we'd be playing game 3 of our 2013 season, down a goal with a minute left, and we'd have Bouillon on the ice?

Would anyone even have a chance at believing that? It's pure insanity. And yet, it happened.

How did this happen!! lol

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Can anyone imagine if, in 2008, I told you that we'd be playing game 3 of our 2013 season, down a goal with a minute left, and we'd have Bouillon on the ice?

Would anyone even have a chance at believing that? It's pure insanity. And yet, it happened.

How did this happen!! lol

The primary reason is that the Habs fell behind through inept play. They shouldn't have been playing catch-up hockey.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The Habs have several useless or disappointing players. Bouillon, Desharnais, and White are awful offensively and defensively. Bourque has been disappointing. Briere is no better than what was predicted for him. Tinordi isn't ready. Markov is old.

With so many passengers, how can Subban and the EGG line carry them without sinking? There's very little Bergevin can do to fix the problem, although he's responsible for creating some of it by extending Desharnais and Bouillon and signing Briere. Was he unduly influenced by Therrien?

It may take a while for the dirty residue to go down the drain and fresh water to flow.

yup...

still hoping that MB's "wisdom" in those 3 moves will prove me & other skeptics wrong, but certainly the season is not starting in a promising way.

Would love to hear from his mouth the rational in thinking that the DD/Bouillion extensions and the Briere signing were the best moves for the club at the time.

Didn't make much sense to me then, not making much sense watching them play to start the year.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
expy on a mission here eh boys. Honestly, yes, it was not the best play. But Bouillon was far from being our worst player last night. I'd take him over Diaz. At least Cube will try to be physical and will bang a big hit once a in a while. And his contract is actually great. I don't expect him to play that much once Murray and Emelin are back

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
yup...

still hoping that MB's "wisdom" in those 3 moves will prove me & other skeptics wrong, but certainly the season is not starting in a promising way.

Would love to hear from his mouth the rational in thinking that the DD/Bouillion extensions and the Briere signing were the best moves for the club at the time.

Didn't make much sense to me then, not making much sense watching them play to start the year.

The Bouillon extension is pretty self explanatory. He did very good work in a depth role and he is a good guy to have around the young d-men. You can argue he should play less...but I don't see any logical argument that he shouldn't be on our roster. He's better than what most NHL teams have as #5-6 guys.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
expy on a mission here eh boys. Honestly, yes, it was not the best play. But Bouillon was far from being our worst player last night. I'd take him over Diaz. At least Cube will try to be physical and will bang a big hit once a in a while. And his contract is actually great. I don't expect him to play that much once Murray and Emelin are back

'banging a big hit' matters very little when you're already out of position, or worse, getting out of position to make it. Something a lot of hockey fans seem to ignore.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Cube is getting too much ice, whenever players are playing too much, their weaknesses will be exposed...

Now, our D in general has been awful since the beginning of the season, but it's only 3 games in....

Is it just me, but Josh Gorges hasn't played a good game since he signed that nutty 3.9M dollar contract...for giving good interviews...:shakehead

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
'banging a big hit' matters very little when you're already out of position, or worse, getting out of position to make it. Something a lot of hockey fans seem to ignore.
true, but don't tell me Diaz is better than Bouillon in battling in corners for pucks. Diaz loses every single battle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad