Francis Bouillon - The worst player to have on the ice when it matters

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Terrible two dumb passes to nobody along the boards (back to Calgary) in the last minute of play. Stupid penalty which gives Calgary the game winner.

Discuss.

Its easy to scapegoat one player to lay blame for a loss. And its easy when its the board whipping boy Boullion.

There is a lot of blame to go around in tonight's game. And you can name every single player tonight and find something that they could have or should have or should not have done.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Still better than Tinordi Diaz Gorges in this game. You cant play subban markov every shift. Dumb thread.
Exactly!! Who the hell did you guys want on the ice instead? Bunch of freakin geniuses.. Maybe if Subban isn't crosschecking some plug for no reason at all, he can snipe one for us to tie it up!

It would be nice if mr paycheck, Danny Briere, decided to earn his salary too.

I'm almost certain some of you are blind, parrots or doing it on purpose. Briere was setting people up all game, and made a wicked zone entry on the play where PK took that dumbass penalty. DD is pure garbage and should be benched for Bournival if we actually care about winning and holding players accountable! Pacioretty creates nothing for his linemates so I have no idea what you expect from that line? It's terrible.. Play Briere at center or put Pleks as the center of that line FFS!!

Not to mention, OP, that penalty on Bouillon was weaaak! For you to call that one stupid, without bringing up the two absolutely unnecessary and Pejorative Slured penalties by Subban, nowhere near his own net is.. well, it's something alright...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Its easy to scapegoat one player to lay blame for a loss. And its easy when its the board whipping boy Boullion.

There is a lot of blame to go around in tonight's game. And you can name every single player tonight and find something that they could have or should have or should not have done.

Well, the entire defense was bad bar Subban and Markov, who had a few mistakes themselves (especially Subban)...but I really don't understand why Bouillon is getting the minutes he is getting. He's very obviously being outmatched out there. Gorges, Diaz, and Tinordi weren't any better..but it seems like Bouillon is the one on the ice when bad things happen.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Well, the entire defense was bad bar Subban and Markov, who had a few mistakes themselves (especially Subban)...but I really don't understand why Bouillon is getting the minutes he is getting. He's very obviously being outmatched out there. Gorges, Diaz, and Tinordi weren't any better..but it seems like Bouillon is the one on the ice when bad things happen.

Well, Gorges was hurt and sucks anyways. Diaz could not be trusted in the defensive zone tonight at all. Calgary was hitting and skating and he played scared tonight. Tinordi looked echl bad tonight, so really, what were the other options???

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Exactly!! Who the hell did you guys want on the ice instead? Bunch of freakin geniuses.. Maybe if Subban isn't crosschecking some plug for no reason at all, he can snipe one for us to tie it up!

I'm almost certain some of you are blind, parrots or doing it on purpose. Briere was setting people up all game, and made a wicked zone entry on the play where PK took that dumbass penalty. DD is pure garbage and should be benched for Bournival if we actually care about winning and holding players accountable! Pacioretty creates nothing for his linemates so I have no idea what you expect from that line? It's terrible.. Play Briere at center or put Pleks as the center of that line FFS!!

Not to mention, OP, that penalty on Bouillon was weaaak! For you to call that one stupid, without bringing up the two absolutely unnecessary and Pejorative Slured penalties by Subban, nowhere near his own net is.. well, it's something alright...

Thank you

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Well, Gorges was hurt and sucks anyways. Diaz could not be trusted in the defensive zone tonight at all. Calgary was hitting and skating and he played scared tonight. Tinordi looked echl bad tonight, so really, what were the other options???

Well, Bouillon had more TOI than Markov and Subban early in the game, and more than Subban even strength. And that to me is unacceptable. Subban and Markov may be reckless, but they are the only blueliners on this team who can outplay the opposition.

You are right, Bouillon is an easy scapegoat when the only option is often him or a crippled Gorges. But he is getting hard to watch out there, even if it's not entirely his fault he's forced to play a top 4 role he's just not good enough for at this point in his career.

I never thought Emelin would be this important.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Sounds like a coaching issue instead of a player issue, right?

I doubt if Boullion is in charge of the roster sheet and ice times.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Sounds like a coaching issue instead of a player issue, right?

It's a mixture of a coaching and management issue. We knew Emelin would be out to start the season and while it's not Bergevin's fault his reinforcements are injured, resigning Drewiske and Bouillon when guys like Gilbert were still on the market remain questionable.

But yes, Bouillon is being scapegoated. I'm guilty of it, but you can't blame us at getting frustrated by him.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Bouillon wasn't on the ice for any goals against....

Markov absolutely blew his coverage and let two guys casually stand in front and deflect a puck in the net. He also missed a really excellent scoring chance.

Subban missed a wide open net and was caught up ice on the first goal.

Tinordi and Gorges paired up for an absolutely idiotic turnover that resulted in a goal and Tinordi had several missed defensive assignments throughout the game.

We're talking about Bouillon? People still watch the games, right? Or is that too old-school?

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Well, Bouillon had more TOI than Markov and Subban early in the game, and more than Subban even strength. And that to me is unacceptable. Subban and Markov may be reckless, but they are the only blueliners on this team who can outplay the opposition.

You are right, Bouillon is an easy scapegoat when the only option is often him or a crippled Gorges. But he is getting hard to watch out there, even if it's not entirely his fault he's forced to play a top 4 role he's just not good enough for at this point in his career.

I never thought Emelin would be this important.

Hard to explain how he'd have more time than those two, it mustve been real early and just a consequence of line matching? No idea, but Pk was skunky at the beginning too so maybe that was it?

Either way, we agree, he's in over his head. We NEED Emelin and Murray. Still can't believe some people thought Murray wasn't good enough for our top 6.. hahaha

void

Jan 5, 2006
I just can't blame him... he's a serviceable 6th/7th D who's being given top 3 minutes. He's doing the best he could with his very limited set of skills.

The management and coaching staff are the ones who should be questioned.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I just can't blame him... he's a serviceable 6th/7th D who's being given top 3 minutes. He's doing the best he could with his very limited set of skills.

The management and coaching staff are the ones who should be questioned.

If he had any integrity he'd get himself and his cap hit suspended from our roster. But being the greedy scoundrel he is, he'll just keep demanding top4 minutes and prime PP time - typical Bouillon.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Bouillon wasn't on the ice for any goals against....

Markov absolutely blew his coverage and let two guys casually stand in front and deflect a puck in the net. He also missed a really excellent scoring chance.

Subban missed a wide open net and was caught up ice on the first goal.

Tinordi and Gorges paired up for an absolutely idiotic turnover that resulted in a goal and Tinordi had several missed defensive assignments throughout the game.

We're talking about Bouillon? People still watch the games, right? Or is that too old-school?

I'm pretty sure that's the way they are coached on the PK. They "front" the puck and try to block shots then collapse and take the man if it gets through. I don't like our pk strategy either, but it's a realistic one with the corps were trotting out there.. None of these guys are boxing anyone out other than Tinordi who was so lost he may have tried to box Price out had he been out there any longer...

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
It's a mixture of a coaching and management issue. We knew Emelin would be out to start the season and while it's not Bergevin's fault his reinforcements are injured, resigning Drewiske and Bouillon when guys like Gilbert were still on the market remain questionable.

But yes, Bouillon is being scapegoated. I'm guilty of it, but you can't blame us at getting frustrated by him.

DD and Bouillon are familiar and proven effective in their roles.. You're right, couldn't have predicted losing Murray, which is about as far as we can go with it really.. Don't know how you can blame Bergy when it's clear he was after a legit top4 dman all summer.

Messed up but I wish we had Drewiske right now.. Would be better than Gorges/Tinner/Diaz at this point.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Subban goes to the box with under two minutes to play, down one goal.... and we're talking about Bouillon?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bouillon wasn't on the ice for any of the goals though.

I don't even think Bouillon was that bad, he was his regular self. He's a bad defenseman, he's a #6 and he's always been a #6. Therrien overuses him but if we want to find a person to hate on, it should be the coaches and Desharnais who looks exceptionally awful.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Diaz was not on the ice for any Flames's goal tonight.

I also don't remember him doing so many giveaways.
Far from being the worst d-men last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad