Celebrity Death: Francine York Dies: ‘Batman’ Villainess & Frequent Jerry Lewis Co-Star

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Francine York Dies: ‘Batman’ Villainess & Frequent Jerry Lewis Co-Star Was 80
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fr...was-80/ar-BBxZ5Nm?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Appearing in small but memorable roles in the Lewis movies – from 1962’s It’s Only Money through The Nutty Professor, Family Jewels, The Patsy, The Disorderly Orderly and up to 1983’s Cracking Up – York was more familiarly a steady TV presence well into the 21st Century. In recent years she made appearances on The Mindy Project and Hot in Cleveland, among others.

But she’ll no doubt be remembered best as something of a guest-star queen of 1960s and ’70s sitcoms and dramas. She played Lydia Limpet, moll of Roddy McDowall’s evil Bookworm on Batman, a sexy alien on Lost in Space, a Venus statue come to life on Bewitched and doctors on Land of the Giants and The Wild, Wild West. She was on Green Acres, Gomer Pyle: USMC, My Favorite Martian, The Courtship of Eddie’s Father, I Dream of Jeannie and Family Affair, to pull just a sample.

She might not be a well-known name (at least not for me), but she'd been around in numerous TV shows since 1959 right up until this past year.

2017 takes its first 'celebrity'.

Adding this: I think this should be included with most of the death threads posted here:
Francine York (1938–2017)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948696/
It really gives a full picture of all or most of the work that a celebrity has been involved in during their lifetime.

Last edited:

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
She wasn't the first. Depending upon your threshold, Richard Machowicz, a Navy SEAL who hosted Future Weapons and Deadliest Warrior died aged 51 from brain cancer on Jan. 2.

I thought there was another minor character actor that died last week, too, but can't find him. :dunno:
EDIT: oh, there was a thread, but looking into it he died December 30. So it's fair to say Francine York is the first Hollywood celebrityish person to die in 2017.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad