Franchise Mode Stuck

CoachDT13

Dec 28, 2018
I'm in the re-sign phase of my franchise, and the game seems to be stuck on June 27, 2020. I click on Advance Day, and it just says "simulating" at the bottom of the screen and never goes away. I can't advance.

Really don't want to lose everything I've done over the last two seasons. Is there any fix to this?

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Hard to say. Only thing I can think of is if you've made some kind of incompatible action. Then you can close the game, reload, and not make the same move. This might seem like an odd suggestion, but last night the game froze on me when I tried moving a scout that was already being moved. The option normally disappears in that situation, but the game started loading the screen and then froze, like "whoops, I'm not supposed to be able to do that". Pretty weird.

Maybe you have too many contracts, or offered a player a deal you shouldn't have been able to? Also, have you tried advancing the day using a different method, such as the calendar?

CoachDT13

Dec 28, 2018
Is it possible I have too many unsigned prospects? I definitely like building through the draft, and I have about 19 guys who are unsigned, half of which I don't lose until next season. I have tried to sign as many as I can, then advance day, but still no luck

I have tried simulating through the calendar too, but no luck.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Is it possible I have too many unsigned prospects? I definitely like building through the draft, and I have about 19 guys who are unsigned, half of which I don't lose until next season. I have tried to sign as many as I can, then advance day, but still no luck

I have tried simulating through the calendar too, but no luck.
Yes I have heard it is possible to have too many unsigned prospects. Most have reported that the players will start declining the contract saying you don't have enough roster space, even when you do. I personally haven't experienced this since I try to limit my accumulation of draft picks to keep things feeling a bit more realistic, but it's possible that you're experiencing some variation of this from having too many unsigned prospects, yes.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This is sort of what happens to me after 2 or 3 seasons when I'm playing 32 team expansion. Not sure if that's what you are playing. It's only ever happened in 32 team expansion though, with custom rosters.

I have never found a fix & just stopped playing that mode.

Mar 12, 2009
Yes I have heard it is possible to have too many unsigned prospects. Most have reported that the players will start declining the contract saying you don't have enough roster space, even when you do. I personally haven't experienced this since I try to limit my accumulation of draft picks to keep things feeling a bit more realistic, but it's possible that you're experiencing some variation of this from having too many unsigned prospects, yes.
I had this happen to me, it seems to be an odd glitch. I had to let my unsigned rookies go to UFA, but then I was able to sign all of them (I lost out on one who chose another team though). From what I could tell the issue may also have something to do with having too many entry level contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad