NHL 20 Franchise Mode Deep Dive

Mar 12, 2009
Should I buy this game? I've grown tired of NHL19. Some of these new features excite me.
I was going to wait until black friday when it would be 50 or maybe even 40, but it was already on sale for 60CAD with pre-order bonuses included. I'm having more fun with playing the actual game than I have in a while in NHL. IMO it was worth getting.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Now that the NCAA has allowed players to be paid - do we think NHL will add NCAA teams? Can you imagine how amazing that could be? Not to mention we'll have even more prospects available, excited but tempering it with thinking it won't happen due to scope.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I remember reading that depending on the coach a player can improve or go down on their potential in franchise mode. I haven’t seen anything like this yet. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with that?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Now that the NCAA has allowed players to be paid - do we think NHL will add NCAA teams? Can you imagine how amazing that could be? Not to mention we'll have even more prospects available, excited but tempering it with thinking it won't happen due to scope.

I think it'd be cool if they did.

Do they have the rights to add the NCAA teams?

On the downside it's probably something they wouldn't add right away as the NHL series seems to lag behind and not get the attention and updates the others do.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I think it'd be cool if they did.

Do they have the rights to add the NCAA teams?

On the downside it's probably something they wouldn't add right away as the NHL series seems to lag behind and not get the attention and updates the others do.
you mean like FIFA and MLB? because the other games are pretty shit and don't update as much either especially Madden.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
you mean like FIFA and MLB? because the other games are pretty **** and don't update as much either especially Madden.

Madden and Fifa at the very least tend to update the artwork.
NHL they add what 5 player faces a year? 10 at most. Then they added alumni teams and didn't bother to add the logos to some of the teams or to create a team or make goalie masks.

Seems there's very little effort given to even basic details with this series.

Reactions: Trade

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Madden and Fifa at the very least tend to update the artwork.
NHL they add what 5 player faces a year? 10 at most. Then they added alumni teams and didn't bother to add the logos to some of the teams or to create a team or make goalie masks.

Seems there's very little effort given to even basic details with this series.

To be fair FIFA is really bad this year.

Talking about Alumni team, are they fun to play with ?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
To be fair FIFA is really bad this year.

Talking about Alumni team, are they fun to play with ?

It's cool to have them. I haven't tried to play a franchise or anything like that with them yet because there are so many duplicates.

I am looking forward to trying a franchise with some of the legends added though.

So far I've only been playing a bit through the ea access demo waiting for the black Friday sale.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad