Franchise Hockey Manager 5 What If Thread

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Midway through 12-13. Not very eventful.

upload_2019-3-2_16-8-21.png

upload_2019-3-2_16-8-38.png

Reactions: pukovnik

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Some highlights from the Gretzky
Gretzky scores over 3000 pts and the Oilers remain an elite team into the mid 90s, however they only win 1 more cup in 1990 just like in real life. Expansion and players declining eventually derail them.

Mario Lemieux plays all the way to 2006 and wins 4 cups with the Pens the Pens Oilers finals battles in the early 90s are epic. Mario surpasses Gretzky in goals but not points.

The St.Louis Blues win 3 cups as do the Vancouver Canucks. All 4 late 90s expansion teams also win multiple cups. The Toronto Maple Leafs also win 2 in this timeline.

Sidney Crosby plays for 4 teams jumping whenever he becomes a ufa.

The New York Rangers break thier curse not in 1994 but in 1999. The longest drought now belongs to the Detroit Red Wings who still haven't won since 1955. Steve Yzerman,Joe Sakic, and Ray Bourque all retire cupless.
All I have lmk if you want to know more.

Reactions: pukovnik

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Fun thread. Must ask, what happened to the Flyers? Maybe I missed it, but it looks like they haven't made the playoffs since 2011.

Since you're a Rangers fan, how about a sim where Keenan doesn't leave after the 1994 Cup?

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Fun thread. Must ask, what happened to the Flyers? Maybe I missed it, but it looks like they haven't made the playoffs since 2011.

Since you're a Rangers fan, how about a sim where Keenan doesn't leave after the 1994 Cup?
Unfortunately coaches don't appear in the game, and the Flyers just had notoriously bad teams towards the end. Remember in he scenario they never have Lindros and they draft bad. Im suprised that Lindros and the Bruins never become a force in this scenario. You figure a team with Lindros,Bourque and Neely would have won a cup but it never happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->