Franchise Hockey Manager 5 What If Thread

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
One thing i have not tried but would be cool is to continue the eighties Oilers, including Gretzky and Coffey into the nineties. See how long it gets them before they miss the playoffs.
To not get into salary trouble you just put like $1 per season on the most expensive guys. Just pretend that they either get a new wealthy owner or that the canadian dollar got strong.
See if Lemieux's Penguins can win when they play the Oilers deep in the playoffs, maybe let them have Coffey. When it comes to the Rangers they at least get to keep Amonte and Weight which could make them solid in the second half of the decade.

Im gonna do that,but Coffey left Edmonton on his own accord Gretz stayed. Gonna do it as if Gretz didnt leave

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
88-89 season final results.

upload_2019-2-17_17-57-39.png

upload_2019-2-17_17-58-5.png

Mario misses Gretzky's goal record by 1 goal, and 200 pts by 4 pts. Playoffs should be fun

Last edited:

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Well with Pitt doing this well in back to back years it looks like Jagr will be going elsewhere
Either you play the scenario without drafts and all players automatically go where they went in reality or you become god and solve the situation. Give whatever team that drafts him two first round picks for him or something, or a first rounder and Coffey since he left after 91 anyway. I don't know if the Penguins need some of those draft picks for other players though, but Straka is to some extent not needed in terms of 91 and 92 anyway.
Maybe trick the GM that Rob Brown is the real deal? His real life trade had Cullen disappear before the cups. :D

Last edited:

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Its not Mario's game yet. The Oilers have regained the cup in a 7 game thriller vs the Pens. This one lacked the luster of the previous year as Pittsburgh was without Lemieux for the finals and the Oilers were without Mark Messier. To noones surprise Wayne Gretzky took home his record 3rd Conn Smythe.

upload_2019-2-18_20-58-46.png

Last edited:

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
For the 3rd consecutive year its Edmonton vs Pittsburgh for the cup and for the 3rd straight year it goes 7. The Pens win it back this year. As the trend of the team with ho
Screenshot (29).png
me ice winning continues.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Can you guys suggest me let's say top 5 "what if" scenarios to play in FHM 5 ? :) I would be thankful :)

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
This one is playing out interesting I must say. Many people have said that if Gretz stayed the Oilers would have won 4 more cups however they only have one. The Pens are dominating with only Mario and Paul Coffey leading the way. The future is gonna be interesting I must say. You have a lot of young guys in Vancouver (Forsberg, Jagr), Boston has Lindros, and with Detroit making the finals in 92 they may be a force as well. This Pens Oilers rivalry reminds me of Dallas - San Fran in the NFL in the early to mid 90s. Like the 9ers though I think Edmonton might have 1 last cup in them. Where guys like Crosby and Ovie wind up will also be interesting

Reactions: GB

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Well now we are into 1992-93 seems like the Pens aren't going away, and it seems like age and low drafting position is finally catching up with the Oilers. Gretzky is still dominating however as is Messier but they are only getting older and one wonders will they consider a rebuild if they keep trending downward.

upload_2019-2-20_17-42-6.png

upload_2019-2-20_17-42-29.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->