Franchise Hockey Manager 5 historical mode (Random debut feature)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Careers of:

- Jeremy Roenick
- Steve Larmer
- Mark Bell
- Dirk Graham

please

Roenick: Played his entire career for the Habs after being the 2nd overall pick in the 1952 Entry Draft. Had a somewhat average career, with only two 60+ point seasons. He finished with 182 goals and 349 assists in 793 career games.

Larmer: Another player that didn’t live up to his real life billing. Played over 1000 games with the Black Hawks, Scouts and Rockies in the 60’s and 70’s. Finished with 622 points (235 goals).

Bell: Played parts of 3 WHA seasons for the Toros, Bulls and Aeros before finishing off a short career in the minors.

Graham: The 10th overall pick by the Winnipeg Jets in 1986, Graham enjoyed a solid NHL career as a bottom six player that spanned 19 seasons. He played for the Jets, Oilers, Rangers, Canucks and Blackhawks and finished with a career stat line of 1509-167-417-584.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
B307BC8E-E21C-4E41-960E-0B7410DD49A4.jpeg

Running another test file. Here’s the 1983-1984 player leaders for points.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
That looks so wrong LOL
We don't know their respective ages though.
Besides, you can actually alter players skills manually if the database is not up to par with this forum section's tastes.
Would still be easier than when I in an older version had to create all iron curtain players(Including pre-war czechs and other europeans) from scratch just to insert them in their draft year. Did create good competition in the WHA though so it was totally worth it. I changed league average goals per game a little as i went along after the added player pools sizes, strengths and weaknesses.
And while at it, why not create your floorball self and play from you were 18? Naturally i also boosted Pominville's work ethic, or killer instinct if you so wish. The guy was just too soft especially during the DPE, had all that talent squandered. In other scenarios i instead force signed him to my hometown Sweden Hockey League team, or only during lockouts...

Last edited:

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Even if this mixed thing with players debuting whenever certainly is a novelty i believe the average goals per game still follow the real life situation which i certainly would adjust going into each season. Easiest way is probably to just put it at 6.00 each season. Roenick mentioned above for example played during Howe's prime days which is the reason he had "only" two 60 point seasons.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
randomsofar.png

These are stats prior to the 1923/1924 season in my random debut game. As already mentioned, I am GM of Montreal Canadiens, and we managed to win the Cup in 1920/1921. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad