Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - Part 2

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I purchased FHM 3 and 4. Never could get into them, spend way more time modding (creating facegens) the games and checking out the player data base than playing them. That being said FHM 5 is a VAST improvement over the previous versions, the new tactic settings make a completely different story, really enjoying actually playing the game this year. Having a blast. I really recommend it to every hockey fan.

Also check out the modding section on here:

FHM 5 - Mods - OOTP Developments Forums

Mods really take the experience to another level.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Is it safe to say my pc can’t run this game if it takes me over an hour to simulate a season?

It depends how many leagues have you selected when started new game. Also depends what season are you simming ? If it is in 2030-s, then yes, it could take hour. In my save it took up to 2,5 hours to sim one season (in 2060-s). If you play historical game from 1917. it shouldn't take longer than hour to sim all the way to the present day.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
It depends how many leagues have you selected when started new game. Also depends what season are you simming ? If it is in 2030-s, then yes, it could take hour. In my save it took up to 2,5 hours to sim one season (in 2060-s). If you play historical game from 1917. it shouldn't take longer than hour to sim all the way to the present day.
I can’t play the regular mode for 18-19 because simming one season takes over an hour. I can play historic mode though as it takes 3 minutes to sim a season so I am happy about that as historic mode is one of the main reasons I bought the game so thanks for suggesting to look into that mode.

I have one question though about historic mode. Where is the draft? I simmed the 03-04 season and for some reason I couldn’t scout or draft. I looked for Ovechkin and he was nowhere to be found. Is there something I have to set up for accurate players to be drafted in the league as I sim forward?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Strange. Why is there such difference?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

I assume database/save file becomes very large by that point. NHL + some other leagues + international tournaments.

I have one question though about historic mode. Where is the draft? I simmed the 03-04 season and for some reason I couldn’t scout or draft. I looked for Ovechkin and he was nowhere to be found. Is there something I have to set up for accurate players to be drafted in the league as I sim forward?

Prior to starting Historical game you should choose draft rookies/generate rookies at 17.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I can’t play the regular mode for 18-19 because simming one season takes over an hour. I can play historic mode though as it takes 3 minutes to sim a season so I am happy about that as historic mode is one of the main reasons I bought the game so thanks for suggesting to look into that mode.

I assume database/save file becomes very large by that point. NHL + some other leagues + international tournaments.

Prior to starting Historical game you should choose draft rookies/generate rookies at 17.

Pukovnik's been nailing all the answers. The databases are extremely different for historical and current season. You will see some increased speeds in Current games if you disable some of the playable leagues. It's not ideal, but it will help increase times.

The game is generating thousands of players, coaches, trainers, etc and all their stats It's a lot so it slows down. In Historical, there's little staff and significantly less players, so you will see faster sims.

And again, Pukovnik's guess would be the same as mine. It seems you didn't set the option to draft. What that means is Ovechkin will just appear on Washington's team at the time he comes into the NHL, unless you did a random debut game.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
When doing a historic mode, say for example the 2013/2014 season , is there a way for accurate salaries and to have draft picks in those seasons ? Plus every time i try to negotiate with one of my pending free agents , he already has the red angry face saying he is no longer interested in further negotiations

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
When doing a historic mode, say for example the 2013/2014 season , is there a way for accurate salaries and to have draft picks in those seasons ? Plus every time i try to negotiate with one of my pending free agents , he already has the red angry face saying he is no longer interested in further negotiations

It should be, is there an issue? I'm not 100% sure on the draft picks though. When did you start your game? Things should be normal - but I can check into it. As for pending Free Agents - they can be upset if they don't get an offer when they want or you low ball them. Leave them alone and they may change their mind, or they may want to test free agency.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Downloaded this recently and I really like the details that have gone into the game. I can see this being very immersive over time. But the user interface makes it difficult for me to really enjoy it and get into the game.

A few things I would really like to see changed or added for the ui.

- attribute filters when searching for players/staff

- saving the previous filters after I've moved to a different screen

- some way to assign scouts quicker or just some way to manage them more easily

- make buttons and text bigger. There's also a lot of white space sometimes that can be used up

- more little tips when you hover over something (like an acronym or a button)

- more clarity on the depth chart as to the status of your players, which league they're in, contacts, etc. It's just not very clear it easily managed.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm currently in the 2023-2024 season. I was looking to make a trade and noticed that draft picks for 2024 and 2025 aren't available for trade. I went into the edit screen and every team has blanks where the ownership of their draft picks should be - tried to edit them and when I hit save they went blank again - has anyone else experienced this?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Downloaded this recently and I really like the details that have gone into the game. I can see this being very immersive over time. But the user interface makes it difficult for me to really enjoy it and get into the game.

A few things I would really like to see changed or added for the ui.

- attribute filters when searching for players/staff

- saving the previous filters after I've moved to a different screen

- some way to assign scouts quicker or just some way to manage them more easily

- make buttons and text bigger. There's also a lot of white space sometimes that can be used up

- more little tips when you hover over something (like an acronym or a button)

- more clarity on the depth chart as to the status of your players, which league they're in, contacts, etc. It's just not very clear it easily managed.
- You basically can.
- Something we're looking to add.
- I mean, the easiest way is to let the AI handle it. We do have some thoughts on how we'd like to improve in the future.
- There are a lots of tips on there, but if we put too many in then we get complaints that's there's too much text.
- I'm sorry on this, but can you explain to me how the depth chart isn't clear? It's color-coded to level (Top club, tier 2, lower), and if they are signed or not (one color if they are unsigned prospects). Again, adding much more then you really start to cloud all that information.

I'm currently in the 2023-2024 season. I was looking to make a trade and noticed that draft picks for 2024 and 2025 aren't available for trade. I went into the edit screen and every team has blanks where the ownership of their draft picks should be - tried to edit them and when I hit save they went blank again - has anyone else experienced this?

Haven't seen it myself. Can you upload/send me the save?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
- You basically can.
- Something we're looking to add.
- I mean, the easiest way is to let the AI handle it. We do have some thoughts on how we'd like to improve in the future.
- There are a lots of tips on there, but if we put too many in then we get complaints that's there's too much text.
- I'm sorry on this, but can you explain to me how the depth chart isn't clear? It's color-coded to level (Top club, tier 2, lower), and if they are signed or not (one color if they are unsigned prospects). Again, adding much more then you really start to cloud all that information.

Haven't seen it myself. Can you upload/send me the save?

Yes - the zip file is too large to upload to you here. Also - heads up, I'm playing on a Mac is that makes a difference.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
What is the scouting like in the game? Do you automatically see all the attributes for all players? Or is there a quasi-"wizard mode" where you have to scout players to unlock their attributes (which is likely more reflective of the real world)?

Also, I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but if you start a historical mode game and reach 2018-19, does it turn into a regular mode game with all the same depth?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
What is the scouting like in the game? Do you automatically see all the attributes for all players? Or is there a quasi-"wizard mode" where you have to scout players to unlock their attributes (which is likely more reflective of the real world)?

Also, I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but if you start a historical mode game and reach 2018-19, does it turn into a regular mode game with all the same depth?

Scouting is very much like real life. You can see some baseline attributes from a central scouting service, but that doesn't mean you should trust them. You need to hire scouts to Scout players, leagues or regions to find the best players for your team. As Scouts scout, your team's ranking of them will rise. The system ranks them from E to A (not scouted, to fully scouted) to let you know a players true potential. There are players who may exceed, fall short, or hit potential. It's important to watch all the facts. Scouts with sub-par Scouting ability can also give not as good reports as well, so you need to watch for that.

And yes, the answer is no. The database is just too different to make that possible.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Been asked before but, any sort of update about eventually having a version of FHM on mobile devices (iphone/ipad)?

Would love to see something like we have with Football Manager and MLB Manager.

Reactions: pukovnik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->