Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - Part 2

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
In what world would a 28 year-old, about to be(in game) 3 straight season 30 goal scorer, have no buyers? Especially under $4M.

I'm not saying that the trade engine is perfect, just that "shop player around" pretty much means "get me this player out of my sight", the level of desperation is quite high, therefore hardly you'll get high-value offers.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I'm not saying that the trade engine is perfect, just that "shop player around" pretty much means "get me this player out of my sight", the level of desperation is quite high, therefore hardly you'll get high-value offers.

Good data to have I suppose. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Matt UK

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
EDIT: Okay i'm going to stop posting for today, i keep misclicking and posting into wrong threads, f*** me.

Last edited:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I've just downloaded FHM4 and am curious if there are any quickstarts that would allow me to play at the start of the 18/19 season with accurate rosters?

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
is there a way to view my players stats for the current season ? All i can see what to do is hover my cursor over them

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I've just downloaded FHM4 and am curious if there are any quickstarts that would allow me to play at the start of the 18/19 season with accurate rosters?

I have heard people say they were working on one, but I haven't seen it. FHM5 is on sale right now too for $9.99

is there a way to view my players stats for the current season ? All i can see what to do is hover my cursor over them

Go to the Roster Screen, and use the Roster Drop Down Box and change it to the stats you want (player, goalie, etc)

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know where to find online leagues to join? The forum at OOTP seems a little light on participants.

Several of the bigger leagues don't use the forum, but have their own dedicated Discords or Websites. If you're looking, I would still recommend posting there, or reading through or PMing people who posted. Most are great at getting back fairly quickly.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Thinking of buying this since it's on sale. How does it compare to EHM?

Is the community as big? Meaning people developing editors, roster updates, etc.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada

Is the community as big? Meaning people developing editors, roster updates, etc.

You're going to see a lot more realistic scores in FHM, or at least that's what I've heard. But people have different preferences.

There is lots of people playing our game yes, and we actively develop it. We just did a pre-Christmas roster update. We don't have an open editor, but it's something we may consider in the future.

Reactions: phisherman

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This may have been answered but just bought FHM5 from steam.

Are National teams dual roles. ie Still GM of my league team in addition to a national team, or is it one or the other?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

This is the first iteration of FHM that I have actually enjoyed playing. In my opinion, it's a huge improvement over the previous versions of the game and I'd definitely recommend getting it while it's on sale. There are things about the game that I'm not thrilled about but I could say the same about EHM. I'm just happy that this version of FHM is actually fun to play.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
This is the first iteration of FHM that I have actually enjoyed playing. In my opinion, it's a huge improvement over the previous versions of the game and I'd definitely recommend getting it while it's on sale. There are things about the game that I'm not thrilled about but I could say the same about EHM. I'm just happy that this version of FHM is actually fun to play.

What did you enjoy more over the previous installments of the game?

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Can anybody comment on how the sim stat totals are? I'm a stat nerd and would love the season player stats to be somewhat representative of the season.

For example, in a 1993 sim, are top players scoring around 100+ points.

In a 2019 sim, what are the point totals like for the top 5 players?

Will help me decide between EHM and FHM.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Can anybody comment on how the sim stat totals are? I'm a stat nerd and would love the season player stats to be somewhat representative of the season.

For example, in a 1993 sim, are top players scoring around 100+ points.

In a 2019 sim, what are the point totals like for the top 5 players?

Will help me decide between EHM and FHM.

I just ran a '93-'94 season on our newest test build, and League leader was Gretzky at 150, Lemieux 130, Turgeron 129, Messier at 122 and then a mess around 120. We've had a little higher scoring than we wanted, but we're still tweaking.

Currently, I've found the stats have been pretty much as expected, maybe a little higher than we want, but again - it's something we're continuing to tweak.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrhockey193195

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I just ran a '93-'94 season on our newest test build, and League leader was Gretzky at 150, Lemieux 130, Turgeron 129, Messier at 122 and then a message around 120. We've had a little higher scoring than we wanted, but we're still tweaking.

Currently, I've found the stats have been pretty much as expected, maybe a little higher than we want, but again - it's something we're continuing to tweak.

Nice! Any change to get a snippet of how 2018 or 2019 player stats look like with a season simmed?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Nice! Any change to get a snippet of how 2018 or 2019 player stats look like with a season simmed?

We did a simulation back on our original build, and you can see the stats and numbers on our official blog ( I don't know if I can link it here, but a quick google should find it easy). We predicted 5 guys over 100 points this season - and a number well over a point per game pace, top was MacKinnon at 108.

Reactions: pukovnik

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
injuries.png

Costly victory over Assat for me...

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Anybody know where I can get current NHL player facegens?
All of them are still in game, it just starts now with it defaulted off. You need to first turn on face gen from the settings in the main menu. If you've already started a game, you need to do the first part and then in the game options after it's loaded, you can turn on face gen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad