Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - Part 2

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
What is your roster like?

I don't have my brother's laptop where I am playing the game, but from top of my head...several of my key players are Ivan Barbashev, Valentin Zykov, Alan Lyzscarcyk, Nikita Soshnikov, Artur Tyanulin, not bad, ha ? :D With Barbashev and Zykov earning near milion per season.

Yesterday I won my 10th title in a row :D

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Just started playing as a GM and Coach. In past games I would be strictly GM. I'm really enjoying coaching with the tactics and tactical roles.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
One thing that I hope will be different in FHM5 is the tactics. I like the system overall, but I felt way too restricted when choosing the tactics. I'd much prefer a system where the different styles available there were the pre-set alternatives, and you can customize them or create your own. You might chose the cycling offensive system, but change so that you still have one of the forwards on the first line as two-way forward, for example.

Another thing is to have a proper pre-game editor.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I don't have my brother's laptop where I am playing the game, but from top of my head...several of my key players are Ivan Barbashev, Valentin Zykov, Alan Lyzscarcyk, Nikita Soshnikov, Artur Tyanulin, not bad, ha ? :D With Barbashev and Zykov earning near milion per season.

Yesterday I won my 10th title in a row :D

Thank you for the report. I discovered that there is a mistake in the data which caused Sakhalin to have like 8x the budget of other teams, now we got it sorted so for FHM 5 your challenge will be more... of a challenge :D

Reactions: pukovnik

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
So I’m new to this game played a little EHM in the past. I was wondering if there’s a way to hire a coach from a junior team.

I was playing as the Canadiens and I wanted to hire Joel Bouchard and Dominique Ducharme like the habs did in real life as assistants. But I couldn’t find an option to do that. Is it possible to hire coaches from anywhere other than the free agents list?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
So I’m new to this game played a little EHM in the past. I was wondering if there’s a way to hire a coach from a junior team.

I was playing as the Canadiens and I wanted to hire Joel Bouchard and Dominique Ducharme like the habs did in real life as assistants. But I couldn’t find an option to do that. Is it possible to hire coaches from anywhere other than the free agents list?

That's not possible right now but it's something we're looking to change in a future version.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Now we are in the middle of summer, it is time to get some FHM 5 news :)

Not quite yet. We're getting closer to where we may start talking a bit, but it's still a ways off. When the feature set (for instance) is finalized, we'll announce. We don't want to raise anyone's hopes with something than dash them the next by saying "Oh, we had to cut that at the last minute."

Don't worry, I'll make sure you know ;)

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I've been playing FHM4 for a few weeks now (I have EHM as well), here are some thoughts:
-I like the contract re-signing for players and staff
-I like that scouting can be automated and how it works in general
-The expansion and historical leagues are cool

A couple issues I have:
-Around 2022 a lot of top prospects become UFAs having never signed their ELCs. A lot of 3 star players +
-Trading is mostly pretty good, but it still can be too easy to get top prospects or players, and maybe too tough to trade for someone who is on the trade block (but obviously I could just not abuse the system lol)

Overall I'm glad I bought it, I've gotten some enjoyment from it. I haven't even delved into the coaching aspect yet, it's pretty daunting.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Anyone having an issue with outshooting the opponent by a large margin and still losing?

I don't have a significant number of giveaways, and I have a 3.5 star goalie. You'd think I'd win these types of games more often than not, but that's not the case.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
First season in Toronto challenge, Turk Broda with 4 straight SO-s in Stanley Cup finals against New York Rangers

tmlch4so.png

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Anyone having an issue with outshooting the opponent by a large margin and still losing?

I don't have a significant number of giveaways, and I have a 3.5 star goalie. You'd think I'd win these types of games more often than not, but that's not the case.

Unless your special teams are horrific or your goalie is terrible it should even out just like real life. Is it just a ten game sample size or a whole season sample size?

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Noticing that around 2021 the unrestricted free agent pool ends up becoming a very talented young group of 21-24 year olds that you would think should have gotten re-signed.

I'm in 2022 and Yamamoto, Vilardi, Valimaki and Jokiharju are all UFA's and 23 or less years old. 12 Players under 23 with 3-Star potential or higher are UFA's.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Unless your special teams are horrific or your goalie is terrible it should even out just like real life. Is it just a ten game sample size or a whole season sample size?

There's a few different factors here. Are the goalies hot? What type of shooting are you players doing? It should even out eventually but your tactics and style play into it a lot.

Noticing that around 2021 the unrestricted free agent pool ends up becoming a very talented young group of 21-24 year olds that you would think should have gotten re-signed.

I'm in 2022 and Yamamoto, Vilardi, Valimaki and Jokiharju are all UFA's and 23 or less years old. 12 Players under 23 with 3-Star potential or higher are UFA's.

Are you sure they are UFAs? I ask because Free Agent Center shows all Free Agents, only if you sort them will they be. If yes, there is another issue that popped up, but was fixed in an earlier patch, when did you start your save? And what's their production been like? Do the teams have Cap concerns?

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Are you sure they are UFAs? I ask because Free Agent Center shows all Free Agents, only if you sort them will they be. If yes, there is another issue that popped up, but was fixed in an earlier patch, when did you start your save? And what's their production been like? Do the teams have Cap concerns?

Turns out it's the filter that's broken. Even when I uncheck restricted free agents, they are showing up but are all RFA's.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
how do you scout effectively? i have been assigning my scouts permanently to specific regions. Would specific leagues be better?
looking for potential 2.0 stars or more, seems like i still have a ton of more E prospects from the regions i thought my scouts were going to.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Turns out it's the filter that's broken. Even when I uncheck restricted free agents, they are showing up but are all RFA's.

I'll have to double check on that. Do you more recently start the game? I haven't had an issue but will create a new game to check.

Is this not available on iPad in Canada?

No, FHM is available only on PC/Mac. We have plans for a mobile version in the future, but right now our focus continues to be the PC/Mac version.

how do you scout effectively? i have been assigning my scouts permanently to specific regions. Would specific leagues be better?
looking for potential 2.0 stars or more, seems like i still have a ton of more E prospects from the regions i thought my scouts were going to.

When assigning scouts, you can set for Quality or Quantity. You can also scout for Current Potential and Future Potential. Having a good mix is important. For scouts to maximize their potential, make sure

(1) They are scouting in a region they want to (ie: If you can avoid it, don't have a Canada West Scout scouting Sweden. Can they do it? Sure, is it efficient as a Swedish scout? No).
(2) Have Scouts look at different things. I like to hire a decent amount of Scouts, have some focused on Potential, some focused on Current Ability to get the best reads.
(3) Mix regions and leagues. It's a good thing to have a few permanent Scouts on the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL. You'll probably want some 1 or 2 on the USHL and College as well. Having more in region specific (like Quebec, Ontario, Maritimes) to look over areas where you've missed is a good idea too. Europe is trickier, but try and find different ones for different countries. There are some that are Europe-At-Large though.

Reactions: The Drop

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010

Sample of about a month. Consistently outshooting opponents, and usually having the better goalie. It seems like the game is handling goaltending ability pretty poorly in general. 1.5 and 2 star goalies are consistently up for the Vezina, while 4 star goalies like Hellebuyck and Bobrovsky struggle to stay above .900 save percentage

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

I had this same thing happen, and they were all never signed to ELC, since I could only sign them to an ELC and they mostly played in the CHL until they were like 22 or 23, and were not signed by the team that drafted them despite having 2.5 - 3 star ratings. Even Svechnikov never got a ELC,

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I had this same thing happen, and they were all never signed to ELC, since I could only sign them to an ELC and they mostly played in the CHL until they were like 22 or 23, and were not signed by the team that drafted them despite having 2.5 - 3 star ratings. Even Svechnikov never got a ELC,

When did you start your save? I know that problem appeared but I thought we fixed that. We may need to see your save.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
@KnightAttack - on OOTP forums I reported some bugs regarding not getting an achievement in Montreal and Toronto historical challenges, and I got no reply ?! :) Can you help me here ? It is almost that these two bugs are preventing me from completing all historical challenges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad