Franchise Best: Montreal Canadiens 1976-77 Season

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The Franchise Best Series comes to you to dive into the all-time best single season for every organization. This, of course, includes post-season results. Join us for a look back at some of the most memorable moments in each franchise’s history. Here is the Montreal Canadiens best season.

It’s almost impossible to have a conversation about hockey without talking about the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs are the NHL’s most storied franchise. Winning 24 Stanley Cups to date as well as producing some of the most memorable names in hockey history such as Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Howie Morenz, Georges Vezina, Jacques Plante, Ken Dryden, Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Patrick Roy; the list goes on. All these players were able to raise Lord Stanley’s Cup while dawning the bleu, blanc, et rouge. While there are many great years to choose from as the Habs best season, there is none better than the Montreal Canadiens 1976-77 season.

Franchise Best: Montreal Canadiens 1976-77 Season - Last Word on Hockey

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It's "donning" the bleu, blanc et rouge, not "dawning".

And it's not "almost impossible" to have a conversation about hockey without talking about the Habs. It's completely impossible and utterly pointless to omit them from the discussion.

Apart from this I enjoyed reading the article, although plenty of people today believe we shouldn't talk about past glories because they put the present-day team in a spot where they cannot possibly hope to live up to those standards. Myself, I don't see why the standards should change. If you accept less, you get less and right now, we have a team managed by a guy who not only can't live up to the standards; he doesn't even appear to be interested in trying to live up to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->