Advice: Fractured Ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Fractured my ankle going into the boards kind of awkwardly, any advice on do's and dont's? Doctor said it be a 18 week timeframe but I'm starting to doubt that.

They wanna hold off on surgery to do a boot for 6 weeks, then brace for 6 then another brace for 6. Onto the third brace now and not seeing improvement on walking or just a little strength improvement. Only really ever hurts at night though which is apparently normal.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Fractured my ankle going into the boards kind of awkwardly, any advice on do's and dont's? Doctor said it be a 18 week timeframe but I'm starting to doubt that.

They wanna hold off on surgery to do a boot for 6 weeks, then brace for 6 then another brace for 6. Onto the third brace now and not seeing improvement on walking or just a little strength improvement. Only really ever hurts at night though which is apparently normal.
That must be a really bad fracture. I fractured mine and it was about 6 weeks. Just understand that this is a really bad injury and it will take time.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I just had a really bad sprain and it took me about 5 weeks before I felt decent enough to play (not even 100%). So don't be surprised if it takes awhile. For me anyways even after the sharp pains stopped I had strength and stability issues.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I'm going to close this thread as it's within medical territory that I don't want on these boards. Best of luck in your recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad