Frachise Players

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Simple question: You can pick any 4 wrestlers from history and today to be franchise players for your wrestling promotion... who ya got?

Ill post mine later :nod:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm assuming this would be for a promotion today so I'll go with:

Austin
The Rock
Ric Flair
Randy Savage

These guys are timeless characters. I don't think guys like Hogan or Andre would fit in 2021.

Reactions: Kaner9

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Heels
Kevin Owens (can work with anybody and make it good)
Randy Orton-self explanatory

Baby faces
The Rock
Undertaker

There’s so many talented guys to choose from you really can’t go wrong with this list

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Heels
Kevin Owens (can work with anybody and make it good)
Randy Orton-self explanatory

Baby faces
The Rock
Undertaker

There’s so many talented guys to choose from you really can’t go wrong with this list

I know it's subjective but what is self explanatory about Randy Orton of all people?

Reactions: Kaner9

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I know it's subjective but what is self explanatory about Randy Orton of all people?

The guy has been great at what he does for what 20+ years…he’s a phenomenal heel and gets the psychology of it (a theme of my 4 picks) he’s had to do stupid stuff for WWE and still made it decent

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The guy has been great at what he does for what 20+ years…he’s a phenomenal heel and gets the psychology of it (a theme of my 4 picks) he’s had to do stupid stuff for WWE and still made it decent

I just think he's been good or solid for a long time but I don't think he's really great or phenomenal at any particular aspect of pro wrestling.

Solid in the ring but nothing special, good charisma, decent actor, boring talker.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was not expecting to see Orton listed. There's no real criteria though and people like different crap in wrestling. In my eyes he's no Naked Mideon but maybe he brings value for others.

Reactions: Megahab

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Mine

The Rock
Naitch
Y2J
And............... Mick Foley

HM: Maybe this is crazy but I wanna run with Xavier Woods push to the moon as cruiserweight. Also Mysterio.

Reactions: les Habs

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I was not expecting to see Orton listed. There's no real criteria though and people like different crap in wrestling. In my eyes he's no Naked Mideon but maybe he brings value for others.

Yes I didn't mean to attack the guy's opinion, was just giving my own.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yes I didn't mean to attack the guy's opinion, was just giving my own.

Eh I was interested in hearing why Orton would be there as well, makes sense to me to ask. I really can't stand Orton myself, though inevitably some are big fans. I can't stand Cena either though I maybe somewhat understand why some people have listed him. Now if someone manages to list Orton, Cena, and Batista I'll really have an existential crisis on my hands.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not to be confused with my "Mt. Rushmore" (which is a different arguement IMO).

Hogan
Flair
Austin
Michaels

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Hogan and Austin are my two obvious choices. They have to be the two most popular wrestlers ever during their eras.

Undertaker because of his WM streak. People were more invested in his matches later on in his run although they were not for a title and everyone knew that it was not going to be a great match.

Andre the Giant because people came from afar to see him. He was always a face during his whole run and he was treated almost more like a travelling sideshow that all wanted to see.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->