TV: FOX TV/CW/CBS to hold back all scripted shows until 2021

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The question has been asked for awhile now and FOXTV has given us their answer. All their scripted shows will be held off air till 2021.

They have now bought a show called LA Finest(sort of a spin off from the Bad Boy movies) and their summer shows have been moved to the fall

Will be interesting to see if other networks follow suit

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Didn't Disney essentially buy Foxs TV stuff? Like the Murdochs only kept Fox News & Business in their mega deal, I thought Dosney took over everything else?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If they are holding them back because the seasons are not finished filming, then that is totally fine.

If they are holding them back just because. Well then that is one very stupid idea.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If they are holding them back because the seasons are not finished filming, then that is totally fine.

IF they are holding them back just because. Well then that is one very stupid idea.

I can answer about the CW shows that film in Vancouver. They usually do table reads starting the 2nd or 3rd week of June with the first episodes filming right after July 4th. The CW runs a main office in Vancouver year round and it has been shut since March and it looks that it wont reopen till late July, They were hoping to start filming in July but the actors and everyone else are spread out all of North America getting them back on the time table could be difficult. Then you have Supergirl, whos main actress is due to give birth sometime in June/July--so they will need to wait to get her back into shape

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can answer about the CW shows that film in Vancouver. They usually do table reads starting the 2nd or 3rd week of June with the first episodes filming right after July 4th. The CW runs a main office in Vancouver year round and it has been shut since March and it looks that it wont reopen till late July, They were hoping to start filming in July but the actors and everyone else are spread out all of North America getting them back on the time table could be difficult. Then you have Supergirl, whos main actress is due to give birth sometime in June/July--so they will need to wait to get her back into shape

They announced the pregnancy in early March, not happening then. Fall earliest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad