TV: FOX makes put for X-Men universe pilot

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I wish they'd just put the damn comic itself into a TV series. If they wouldn't want to start from the beginning, they could have adapted the stories from (pre-Uncanny) X-Men Annual #1 through Uncanny X-Men #225 or so, and made the more significant events into big screen productions. I personally think that model could work even better than the expanded universe thing Disney/Marvel are doing with the Avengers. You'd be talking perhaps 8 years worth of TV with at least 3 or 4 films supporting the storyline and drawing in the box office revenue.
Completely agreed.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Agree in full Kurt. It's network TV, by definition it's very hard to make good TV out of that. These shows just try and cash in on film success by offering bogus extended universe stories to lure in people obsessed with the movies. It's almost always poorly written, poorly acted, poorly funded, and sloppy in general

nail on the head. it's cashing in from the fans in a big way, without really giving them anything. I don't really understand how people consume these programs and walk away feeling satisfied with them.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Did you watch the last season? :laugh:

First season was great. Second season.. ehhh... part of it was good.. but yeah I have to agree.. the 2nd season kinda sucked overall. But if, going forwards, the second season is the worst material they put out.. then this show will have been great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad