Proposal: Fowler for JVR

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Advanced analytics show that Jeff Petry is better defensively than Shea Weber if you feel like ignoring context as most fancy stat lovers do.

CmYpLr6WAAAlKSY.jpg:large
Exactly. This is what I'm pointing out. HERO charts produce some wild anomalies when someone who has not watched a hockey game in their life peruses through all the defensemen in the league, and then attempts to compile a list of the league's best defensemen.

Our defensemen rated per HERO charts (the old ones at least; this is from a post I made a couple months ago on another site):

1. Hampus Lindholm
2. Josh Manson
3. Sami Vatanen
4. Simon Despres
5. Kevin Bieksa
6. Korbinian Holzer
7. Cam Fowler
8. Clayton Stoner

Advanced analytics are fun to look at but need to be taken with a grain of salt whenever they're being read.

FadeToBlack

Jul 1, 2012
To Anaheim: JVR, Hunwick
To Toronto: Fowler, Stoner

Anaheim gets the big LW they need after losing both Perron and Mcginn
to UFA, and striking out on just about everyone available. Toronto gets a guy that can join Rielly,Gardiner and Zaitsev in the leafs top 4.
Anaheim also gets a serviceable bottom pairing dman on an expiring contract and dumps off a bottom pairing guy that is overpaid and has 2 years left.

That plays like he's 5'8" tall...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Note To Leafs fans trying to trade JVR: His NTC kicked in yesterday. Now accept less value if you want him off your team.

yeah surely JVR wouldnt accept a deal to go to anaheim to play on a line with Getzlaf and Perry :shakehead

leafs will not accept less value for JVR nor do they want him off the team. this is a simple case of we could use a top 4 dman with not a lot coming up in that regard, but we have a pile of talented wingers.

move along

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
That plays like he's 5'8" tall...

not when he is protecting the puck...
if you are expecting a guy that runs at people a-la lucic that isnt happening. watch JVR play, very hard to get the puck off when he uses his frame, and skates surprisingly well for such a big guy

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
At this point in time, I'd do it. The salaries and term are a wash and we deal from strength to fill a weakness. We aren't going to find anything better at this point in time that can actually help the team win now.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
At this point in time, I'd do it. The salaries and term are a wash and we deal from strength to fill a weakness. We aren't going to find anything better at this point in time that can actually help the team win now.

+1

Unless Holland makes the first trade of his career.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If we're trading a 1st liner and taking a salary dump back, I'd hope we could get a better player in return. Fowler is a solid player but I wouldn't even trade JVR straight up for him. We could do better and if we can't, I'd just hold onto him.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Note To Leafs fans trying to trade JVR: His NTC kicked in yesterday. Now accept less value if you want him off your team.

JVR doesn't have an NTC. Cap sites are parroting the same error from capgeek.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
JVR will be moved before his next contract. For now he helps bridge the gap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad