Foudy recalled?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Emergency is defined how? With all the players already on callup from Cleveland, maybe it's a strain on the org to field a complete lineup for the Monsters with another player headed to Cbus?

I mean, I have no idea, just spitballing.

In any case, will be in house tonight, so cool to get a look at him.
Monsters just go to the ECHL to get guys. They have been doing it all year. Columbus probably wants a quick look at him. Or they could be showing him off to scouts for a possible trade. Could be anything. Probably just taking a look.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Monsters just go to the ECHL to get guys. They have been doing it all year. Columbus probably wants a quick look at him. Or they could be showing him off to scouts for a possible trade. Could be anything. Probably just taking a look.

Of course but they've done it a lot!

You're almost certainly right that it's to get a look at him in the time that such a recall can be made. It was just fun to think that they'd run out of players, given how the season has gone.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Of course but they've done it a lot!

You're almost certainly right that it's to get a look at him in the time that such a recall can be made. It was just fun to think that they'd run out of players, given how the season has gone.
LOL. They pretty much have run out of players. Watching the game yesterday was really hard. VV gave up 4 goals, but played well, he had zero help in front of him. It really felt like they just were going throught the motions. A lot has to do with the constant turnover. For the most part though, they are still competitive and still in the race for the playoffs.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Their season doesn't end until mid march and they will b a playoff team so he would be of no service here at all until the playoffs if we hold on to get there. If we need help, it will need to be in time to make sure we make it.
They could lose in the first round. CBJ won’t have a playoff game until the second week in April. It could easily happen.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
They could lose in the first round. CBJ won’t have a playoff game until the second week in April. It could easily happen.
He could help IN the playoffs. He won’t be able to help make sure they MAKE the playoffs.

Even if London goes out in the first round he wouldn’t be here until the last week of the regular season at that point.

We need help soon to help scoring.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah, Cam is out. Torts basically said there weren't any offensive skilled guys left in Cleveland lol.

This is maybe an audition for Foudy and Jarmo gets a game or two (or however long it's not "inconvenient" to London) to see if Foudy can be a late add after his OHL season is done -> he could join like Texier, Gavrikov, Carlsson, etc. If he can actually contribute it might change what Jarmo does at the deadline.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I was only able to catch some of the 3rd / OT last night. How'd he look over the course of the game?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Kid is so fast.just needs to calm down a bit I saw.him make a few ugly turn overs that first game like the kind Sonny used to do.just moving to fast and not thinking. Kid looks like a real talent though gotnhis first point.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Kid is so fast.just needs to calm down a bit I saw.him make a few ugly turn overs that first game like the kind Sonny used to do.just moving to fast and not thinking. Kid looks like a real talent though gotnhis first point.

I've literally made it a point to hone in and watch his every move (when the camera is even the slightest on him), and I have yet to see him turn the puck over. In 2 games so far, he has been credited with 1 takeaway and zero giveaways... so I have no clue what you're seeing.

on a scale of 1-10, 1 being entirely unimpressed.. 10 being beyond impressed.. I'd give Foudy a solid 8.

the kid has played extremely well, and Torts' words/opinions reflect that.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Again I thought he was fine. I don't see a lot of offensive upside though,but he makes solid plays all over the ice (he got a bit lost defensively at some points, but I'll chalk that up to nerves, not knowing the system, and all around fatigue since he's playing so much hockey). But you see the skill level in the decision making, and appears to be pretty strong with his puck control.

I think he'll be a solid 3rd line energy guy who can kill penalties, and who can pitch in offensively. Maybe 30 point guy. He's also probably a winger, but I don't know that for certain as I haven't watched him in junior.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Again I thought he was fine. I don't see a lot of offensive upside though,but he makes solid plays all over the ice (he got a bit lost defensively at some points, but I'll chalk that up to nerves, not knowing the system, and all around fatigue since he's playing so much hockey). But you see the skill level in the decision making, and appears to be pretty strong with his puck control.

I think he'll be a solid 3rd line energy guy who can kill penalties, and who can pitch in offensively. Maybe 30 point guy. He's also probably a winger, but I don't know that for certain as I haven't watched him in junior.

you honestly think Foudy tops out at 30 points?... absolutely no way.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
you honestly think Foudy tops out at 30 points?... absolutely no way.

Based on his stat line in juniors, scouting reports from people who have watched him far more than I have, and just my own personal observations (from WJC, his 2 games, and highlights so a very small sample size), yeah I'd say 30 points would be about his average output. That's not a bad thing. Especially if he brings more to the table than just offense, which I think he does.

If you're expecting top 6 forward numbers, I don't share the optimism. If I'm wrong I will gladly take it, and who knows maybe his offensive game and instincts will sprout late (wouldn't be the first or last prospect to do so) but from what I've seen and read of his game up to this point that is my expectation.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Based on his stat line in juniors, scouting reports from people who have watched him far more than I have, and just my own personal observations (from WJC, his 2 games, and highlights so a very small sample size), yeah I'd say 30 points would be able his average output. That's not a bad thing. Especially if he brings more to the table than just offense, which I think he does.

If you're expecting top 6 forward numbers, I don't share the optimism. If I'm wrong I will gladly take it, and who knows maybe his offensive game and instincts will sprout late (wouldn't be the first or last prospect to do so) but from what I've seen and read of his game up to this point that is my expectation.
Foudy CHL (O) .77PPG
Dubois CHL (Q) .82PPG
Milano CHL (O) 1.36PPG
Jenner CHL (O) .93PPG

Don’t read too much into the junior league stats, except maybe Foudy’s inflated goal amount as a result of empty net goals (“Nyquist effect”)

I agree with you that he is a middle 6 winger, maybe a Hagelin type. 30-40 points.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I've literally made it a point to hone in and watch his every move (when the camera is even the slightest on him), and I have yet to see him turn the puck over. In 2 games so far, he has been credited with 1 takeaway and zero giveaways... so I have no clue what you're seeing.

on a scale of 1-10, 1 being entirely unimpressed.. 10 being beyond impressed.. I'd give Foudy a solid 8.

the kid has played extremely well, and Torts' words/opinions reflect that.
I think because they werent taken away they arent credited as giveaways. Just very sloppy passes. I saw at least 3 and remember 1 vividly where he tried do to the drive fast and drop pass like we do on the PP but he did it on a nornal shift and it literally just went directly to the other team. Not saying its constant just saying he seemed to be a.little nervous and was trying to play a lityle fast qnd made a couple rookie mistakes.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
London Knights’ Liam Foudy adds another accomplishment to 2019-2020

globalnews_headshots_300x300_mikestubbs1.jpg

BY MIKE STUBBS 980 CFPL
Posted March 2, 2020 6:14 pm
Columbus Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner celebrates his goal with forward Liam Foudy against the Buffalo Sabres, Feb. 13, 2020, in Buffalo, N.Y. AP Photo/Jeffrey T. Barnes
London Knights at 40 yet again
And now the Scarborough, Ont., native has been named Ontario Hockey League Player of the Week.
Foudy had two goals and five assists in three wins by the Knights last week and was given the honour on Monday afternoon.
The Blue Jackets’ first-rounder was quick to give the credit right back to his teammates.
“The whole team has been clicking really well,” Foudy told Global News. “All of my linemates have helped out in a big way.”
READ MORE: Liam Foudy helps the Knights to move back into Western Conference lead
Foudy is currently on a 14-game point streak and has 11 goals and 17 assists going back to Jan. 26. He played games in the NHL for Columbus on Feb. 10 and Feb. 13. Foudy impressed Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella to the point that he was put on the ice in overtime in Buffalo against Jack Eichel of the Sabres.
Foudy acknowledges that his experience in the NHL has been very helpful.
“Anytime you can go up and play at that level, you try to soak up everything you can and then bring it here [to London],” he said.
Next up for the Knights is a game in Kitchener that will decide first place in the Western Conference. London enters the game one point ahead of the Rangers, with a game in hand.
“It’s a huge game and everyone knows it,” Foudy said. “The rivalry is always there and playing in Kitchener is always a whole lot of fun so we need to go in there and play the best game we can.”
READ MORE: London Knights head coach Dale Hunter gets career win 800
The game will be the final meeting of the regular season between London and the Rangers. the Knights have won three of the first five but only one of the games has been decided by fewer than three goals.
g.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->