Forwards Time on Ice

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
There's no stats for his hits connecting so how will I discuss that? What about the ones that did connect that changed the course of the game? That got the crowd into the game? That got the team into the game? They're called intangibles and can't be measured, just like a guy who may be a leader that does or doesn't wear a letter on their uniform. Or maybe a guy who we don't see in the locker room who gets the team fired up or calms them down on the bench.

There's more to the game than just stats and we can sit here and argue stats versus intangibles all day long but everyone sees the game a little differently. I've watched enough hockey to see guys who can change the game via a hit or a great offensive play or a great defensive play or by hustle, some of which there are stats for and some of which there aren't, it doesn't make them any less viable.

Your admitted Tootoo fandom taints your view of things as they exist now. Jordin is gone. The way Hendricks, Nystrom, Gaustad, and Clune play is different but usually no less, if not more, effective. All but Clune are capable of playing special teams while Toots did not. Hendricks blocks shots and that resulted in a scoring chance tonight ... again something we could not expect from Tootoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->