Forwards that you'd trust at defense

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well our newest college free agent signing Adam Johnson did play some blue line due to injuries last season, so I'll say him :laugh:

Out of the guys on roster, Hagelin. He's defensively responsible already, decent reach, and nobody's going to skate round the outside of him.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
For the Oilers, last year anyways...

I'd have to go with Benoit Pouliout.

Might have been our only forward that has ever played defense?

I remember in the Ducks series when we had four dmen we were going to send him or Nuge.

McDavid would be a great defender as well.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
On the Devils I would trust Zajac. I think he would be smart enough to pull off being a passable defender if need be.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I wouldn't be 100% confident obviously but picking some forwards to play D I'd think of

1) Frans Nielsen
2) Henrik Zetterberg

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Being good defensively as a forward and being good defensively as a D are two completely different things. It's not because you're a two way forward that you can defend a blue line or fend off other forwards while skating backwards.

When I play hockey, I'm an excellent two-way forward and a ****** defenseman.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I wonder if at some point hockey will evolve past locked positions. It would speed up the game if every player could assume every role on the ice, sans goaltender of course.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Being good defensively as a forward and being good defensively as a D are two completely different things. It's not because you're a two way forward that you can defend a blue line or fend off other forwards while skating backwards.
Fedorov managed both reasonably well.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

When I play hockey, I'm an excellent two-way forward and a ****** defenseman.

This is true, but that doesn't mean some two way forwards can't do those things. I'd be fascinated to see what a "blue line" of

Malkin-Bergeron
Backlund-Getzlaf

Could pull off.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This is true, but that doesn't mean some two way forwards can't do those things. I'd be fascinated to see what a "blue line" of

Malkin-Bergeron
Backlund-Getzlaf

Could pull off.

Easy to play defense when you're past the other teams blue line, look at Karlsson.

No doubt in my mind that a top-four of that would be a serviceable NHL caliber defensive group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->