Forwards ice time

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
I see no excuse for Matthews not playing 20 mins a game. Its not like he cant handle it. He is a superstar and imo one of the best. Play him like he is one of the best.

Especially when you losing and need some offence. Crosby would have been double shifted in that game. McDavid would have played 28 mins LOL
You should add some context to your beef. Simply stating 24 mins/game doesn't really explain much. Break it down by Even strength, PP and PK mins and you've got something more useful to use.

TSN has gone all soap operay as of late and you got hooked bad.

Reactions: ToneDog

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It really is quite annoying he doesn't play our star forwards enough. Matthews is still getting 3 minutes less per game than Eichel and 5 minutes less than McDavid.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I think on a whole ice time has been perfect for this team. It was lame last game because Babs went back to hard matching. I think if he continues to just rolls the 4 lines like he was on the road, the ice time will sort itself out.
It's weird, he tries too hard with the line-matching and getting 4 lines out. That's why the Leafs just are better on the road. He outsmarts himself with last change.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It really is quite annoying he doesn't play our star forwards enough. Matthews is still getting 3 minutes less per game than Eichel and 5 minutes less than McDavid.

Because neither of those teams have depth. Its a marathon, not a race. 18-20 minutes a game is more than enough, stop the nonsense.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Because neither of those teams have depth. Its a marathon, not a race. 18-20 minutes a game is more than enough, stop the nonsense.
Yet he'll overplay guys like Komorov, Hainsey and Andersen so much. That's where I don't quite get this argument.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Leafs are supposed to be a deep team at forward. So use your depth and spread the ice time out. It's a LONG season so you don't burn out people early.
No one was complaining when they were scoring 6 a game. Lose two in a row and it's all of a sudden it's mismanagement

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Id rather:

Matthews at 20
Tavares at 18
Kadri at 15

Matthews to me has proved that be is seperate from tavares. In my opinion of course.

Yeah he was shooting 50% let's just let things normalize before we make him a hockey god and give him the keys to the city etc. Maybe we should also do this so people from other cities don't think we are a bunch of dum dums in Canada as well.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Goat should get very little ice-time. i think 4th line is getting too much. And I don't get in the 3rd period when we are down why they even play.

The fourth line has been playing better than Kadri's line most nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad