forward ufa options

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Agree with most of what you said except it's not the last year to use compliance buyouts; there is next offseason as well.

Part of why I don't think Holland is going to use both actually; he's just so cautious he'll want to save one in case something goes catastrophically wrong.

http://www.capgeek.com/new-cba/ - reference, scroll down. Says June 2013 and June 2014

What scenarios would he need to use next year? He will not buy out Franzen, Kronner, Howard or Z. Everyone else making a bit of money is a FA next year: Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, Quincey, Cola.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
What scenarios would he need to use next year? He will not buy out Franzen, Kronner, Howard or Z. Everyone else making a bit of money is a FA next year: Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, Quincey, Cola.

I have no idea what specific scenarios might come up, it's sorta "random life" that way right? Say for example that Franzen stops working out, he goes home, does nothing but eat donuts all summer, shows up with a bad attitude and becomes completely uncoachable.

I'm just pointing out that in my experience Holland is a "plans within plans" kinda guy; that's why I don't expect him to use both buyouts and I don't expect him to spend right up to the cap. The Wings do a lot of things for "roster mobility" in my experience.

That having been said, I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd snap use both buyouts in a heartbeat myself and there are signs that Holland might be more aggressive this year.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Use one on Sammy this year, save one for next year potentially on Franzen, or another screw up that needs to go.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I have no idea what specific scenarios might come up, it's sorta "random life" that way right? Say for example that Franzen stops working out, he goes home, does nothing but eat donuts all summer, shows up with a bad attitude and becomes completely uncoachable.

I'm just pointing out that in my experience Holland is a "plans within plans" kinda guy; that's why I don't expect him to use both buyouts and I don't expect him to spend right up to the cap. The Wings do a lot of things for "roster mobility" in my experience.

That having been said, I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd snap use both buyouts in a heartbeat myself and there are signs that Holland might be more aggressive this year.

Fair enough, there isnt an incredible FA for us to clear cap room for this year. Maybe he waits and hangs on to it for next year. Bert and Sammy come off the books anyway.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wow, that's too much money for a player of his caliber, especially for one that has known health issues.

I think giving more time Abdelkader develop into the powerforward we need. He has all the tools.

Except offense.

Might as well just not watch the Wings play as long as Gator is in the top six. Team is never going to win the cup if he is the Wings best option. Guy has four pucks deflect off of his dumb*** and he is suddenly has the potential to turn into a power forward.

Guy has an awful shot, no hockey IQ and you think he is capable of developing into a power forward.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->