Forward Targets

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
List the top 3 offseason targets you want the Kraken to target?

Mine would be:

1.) Landeskog
2.) Hamilton
3.) Taresenko

There is a reason why we didn't take Taresenko for free. He has a full NTC and teams would require us to eat salary if we attempted to flip later on. He's not worth it.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
There is a reason why we didn't take Taresenko for free. He has a full NTC and teams would require us to eat salary if we attempted to flip later on. He's not worth it.
Tarasenko and Voracek have both asked for trades. I would not be shocked seeing us take one of them, as long as the teams either retain or add sweeteners.

Realistically though, it seems like Ron Francis is charting his path to get top-6 F's via FA. Or make trades for players without overpaid contracts or injury issues.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Tarasenko and Voracek have both asked for trades. I would not be shocked seeing us take one of them, as long as the teams either retain or add sweeteners.

Realistically though, it seems like Ron Francis is charting his path to get top-6 F's via FA. Or make trades for players without overpaid contracts or injury issues.

I rather have Voracek than Tarsenko.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
I agree. If Philly would retain on Voracek (15%), I would even take him for free. Basically would be at JVR's AV but with one more year of term.

The thing I like about Voracek is that he can drive his own line.

Absolutely. I'd have to go find the graphic again, but I believe he's something like 8th in the entire NHL in assists over the last 10 years. Would be a great addition to a line that has a goal scorer. However, if what you need is a goal scorer, Tarasenko was once one of the truly elite finishers in the game. If he is truly back to 100% health, that is hard to ignore. It's an interesting choice if you have to choose between them, and I don't know that there's a wrong answer.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'd take Voracek, preferably with some retention (even just 1-1.5M)

I'd still go after Landeskog. Failing that, I'd sign Danault. I've gone into depth about it elsewhere, but he actually has some of the best 5v5 production in the league (.06 points per 60 lower than Crosby) and was used in a shutdown role with mediocre offensive talent on his wings and averaged only 0:19 of PP time per game. Used as a true 2C with a more offensive role and some PP time, his production would increase. Two seasons ago Ryan Strome put up 60 points. Strome had 40 points at EV and Danault had 43. The difference was Strome averaged over 3 minutes per night on the PP, so Strome finished with 60 and Danault finished with 47.

I'd also go after Wennberg. He won't cost a ton and he ha skill, is solid two-way and would improve our top six and center depth. He did pretty well in Florida last year. Columbus has never been a place for offensive talent to thrive (unless you're Artemi Panarin).

There's gotta be some low hanging fruit out there as well. Could we take a flyer on a guy like Laine, depending on the cost? I'm not the biggest fan, but we may be able to pick him off for something like a solid young roster player and a pick at this point. Or players who may be viewed as needing a scenery change. Take a shot on a kid like Sam Steel. Buchnevich and Strome both rumored to be available from NYR (like Buch, Strome not so much).

There's options. We need to add at least 2 top six-ish players IMO.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Your defence is already solid enough. Use Hamilton’s $ on a top 6f

Hamilton is exactly what this team needs. Need another RD pretty bad, especially one that can run a PP. He would be money well spent.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I agree. If Philly would retain on Voracek (15%), I would even take him for free. Basically would be at JVR's AV but with one more year of term.

The thing I like about Voracek is that he can drive his own line.
Line driving Wingers would be good as it means the Centers don't have to drive the line themselves.

Some of the best lines over the past 10 years have had that playmaking winger like Patrick Kane, Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Martin St. Louis.

Jdodd

Jun 24, 2017
If we would have gotten Voracek and phillys 1st rounder we could have gotten Wallstedt….. would have been great to. Add him w Beniers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad