Forward Patrik Berglund has been suspended indefinitely by the organization due to failure to report

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Could this be one of those situations where Berglund feels he’s not healthy enough to play and the team feels otherwise?

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
Since we're doing the tit for tat thing: if it comes out that he's just a ******** will you come back and hold your hands up? :)

hands up for what? giving him the benefit of the doubt?

doubt you'll find too many people willing to support a prima donna 4th liner making nearly $4M. hes not a superstar. (if that is the case)

Reactions: Fearnot

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
It’s one of the dumbest theories I have ever heard as well. The return for O’Reilly was trash and has been trash, Berglund being the only guy that was above replacement level.

It wasn’t addition by subtraction. It was subtraction with about 6 completely unrelated additions that more than made up the difference.

What changed the trajectory of the team was a putrid defense getting the best 18 year old d man in 50 years. And the miraculous health of Bogosian. And the complete flip of terrible goaltending for above average.

No reason to hate talk Blues fans because of weird alternative fact narratives in your head.

'Hate blues fans.' Cool strawman.

2 things can be true at the same time. All of the factors you've mentioned certainly helped, but it's so painfully obvious that moving ROR and swapping a guy like Hutton out for a troubled Lehner made an enormous impact in that room.

Aren't you a CHS or SJCI grad? I'd expect better critical thinking from you! :)

Reactions: Fearnot

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
What does that have to do with anything? All the owner has to do is cut out a check. If money isn't an issue, pay the guy then trade him right after that to get much more in return
Pretty simply he didn't want to cut that specific guy a check. Why should he if he didn't want to?

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo
Jeez WFC about O’Reilly??? He’s gone, the Blues suck, the Sabres don’t and Eichel is a man possessed this year with the C.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I keep coming back to see if there is an update about Berglund, but its this shit about OReilly. Please, Sabres and Blues fans, no more O’Reilly mentions on this thread. For crying out loud! That argument is worse than sitting at a junior high lunch table!

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
I keep coming back to see if there is an update about Berglund, but its this **** about OReilly. Please, Sabres and Blues fans, no more O’Reilly mentions on this thread. For crying out loud! That argument is worse than sitting at a junior high lunch table!
It's not even an argument. It's two sides with their heels dug in just refusing to listen to the other side's points. Why anyone would be interested in this is have no idea.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to read the Marner vs Draisaitl poll.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I keep coming back to see if there is an update about Berglund, but its this **** about OReilly. Please, Sabres and Blues fans, no more O’Reilly mentions on this thread. For crying out loud! That argument is worse than sitting at a junior high lunch table!
Good thing you didn't visit the Sabres board this past summer. It was like this, except every single thread. Thankfully it's subsided now since we have something else to talk about and all ROR talk has been redirected to a single thread.

But anyway, I too eagerly await any further clarification about what's going on with Berglund.

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
I hope the Sabres terminate his contract. Guaranteed contracts are a bane to the NHL.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York

ROR has nothing to do with this discussion, with that said, It's like he rammed a '51 Chevy into this thread... (sorry)

Reactions: Amorgus and Fearnot

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
to get a better return to help his organization lol
Filthy rich guy says "I'm not paying that asshole another penny. Get him off my team before his bonus comes due, or I'll find someone who will."

Like @sabrebuild has been telling you, it's personal. It doesn't have to make sense.

This is pure speculation on our part, of course, but no other scenario explains what all but the most unrealistic Sabres fan admits is an awful trade, by a young GM who has been stellar otherwise.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh my god.

Can I be your financial advisor?

He doesn’t want to be in Buffalo. He’s clearly hoping he forces his way out of there one way or another or else he’d just request a trade.

His contract being terminated is a massive possibility here. He and his agent know that.

Reactions: sabremike

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
He doesn’t want to be in Buffalo. He’s clearly hoping he forces his way out of there one way or another or else he’d just request a trade.

His contract being terminated is a massive possibility here. He and his agent know that.
You think he'd be OK with giving up millions of dollars?

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I hope the Sabres terminate his contract. Guaranteed contracts are a bane to the NHL.
It would be very interesting if either the team or the player could terminate their contracts at any time. Then the team could shop around for a better player, and the player could shop around for a better team!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad