Forum Rules Reminder (Trolling, Flaming, and Threadjacking -- AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT MODERATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
As many of you have noticed lately the board is nearing a breaking point when it comes to civility and conversation and with that I wanted to remind you of the Forum Rules. We as a moderating group tend to take a hands off approach when it comes to the board and only really step in when 100% required.

We're nearing the time where that will be required so here is a proper warning and refresher to all of you on this board. If things continue down the path they're going infractions will be given out and your access to the site may be limited due to those infractions.

As always the board policy has been to debate the post, not the poster.

If you can't help yourself from responding to a poster then I would suggest putting them on your ignore list to save yourself the trouble. How do you put someone on your ignore list you may ask? Click on the posters username and go to their profile. You'll see ignore there. Voila.

There's also the option of forced ignores that can be used if neither side decides that being the mature one and not responding is the route to go.

Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

1) Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

4) Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
At no point will moderators be openly criticized in forum threads. There is a list of FORUM RULES to which apply but especially those words within 7, 10 and 11.

If you feel a moderator did something unfair, then contact an independent administrator who will look into the complaint and history.

At no point do we as mods have a say in those matters. It has come to my attention that there has been unnecessary dialog regarding the actions of some mods and some members. All users agreed to such stipulations upon signing up as members.

Re-read the site rules but especially those I specified. At no point will public criticisms of actions be permitted.

FORUM RULES: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Site Rule
7) Forum Management: Threads and posts that are redundant, in the wrong forum, or deemed unnecessary per the assessment of moderators are subject to being merged, moved, edited, deleted or closed. Thread titles must be as specific and informative as possible (no clickbait) and first posts must provide relevant commentary (“discuss” is not enough, for example). One account is allowed per user and you are responsible for what’s posted from your account. Please check the sticky threads at the top of each forum for any forum specific rules. If a moderator gives you a specific instruction in a warning, and you blatantly disregard it, you are subject to an account review.

10) Warnings are issued anonymously. If you believe a warning is unjustified use the Contact Us form to tell us why. Do not attempt to excuse your behavior by pointing at others. Be respectful and courteous. You will only receive a reply if your complaint has merit.

11) No Disclosure of Personal Information: Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, private communications, or other personal information. Do not post publicly about your moderation history or the actions of moderators.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->