Forum Rule Change for Streams and Copyrighted Material - Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I just tried to look back in my post history and it would only show the most recent 500 posts which took me to September of this year. So beyond that I can't get to (where those bad items would be if they are in fact in my history). I don't want to get b& but I've done all I can do. Whatevs. The admins gotta do what they gotta do.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I just tried to look back in my post history and it would only show the most recent 500 posts which took me to September of this year. So beyond that I can't get to (where those bad items would be if they are in fact in my history). I don't want to get b& but I've done all I can do. Whatevs. The admins gotta do what they gotta do.
There are things you can do to go back further using an advanced search.

-"Find Threads With X Replies"

-"Find Posts From _____" "And Older"; "Find Posts From ________" "And Newer"

-"Sort Results By ________"

-"Search In Forums __________"

You can also search for your posts containing the words "stream", or even "http" or "https" to look for URLs (searches will find those even if hot-linked).

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
There are things you can do to go back further using an advanced search.

-"Find Threads With X Replies"

-"Find Posts From _____" "And Older"; "Find Posts From ________" "And Newer"

-"Sort Results By ________"

-"Search In Forums __________"

You can also search for your posts containing the words "stream", or even "http" or "https" to look for URLs (searches will find those even if hot-linked).

Thanks I'll give it a shot

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
For anyone sending me links to posts for deletion, if you copy a link directly from a search result and send it to me via PM, it comes up as an invalid link on my end.

Just click on the post number (i.e. #7) in the upper right corner of each post you want deleted, and that will take you to a direct URL for the post. Send those to me and I'll happily take care of them for you.

Don't forget to scan for posts that may have quoted you.

:)

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
Hey guys,

So this new rule is troubling. I'm sure I understand what they're attempting to get rid of on these boards, BUT that rule looks like all copyrighted materials are off limits.

This would mean no materials other than ones created by you would be allowed on this forum. Any video not filmed directly by you, regardless of whether or not it has the NHL's ad before it would also be subject to copyright if embedded. All avatars that are photos not taken by you, or otherwise created by you (ENTIRELY! no manipulation of other photos), would also be a violation. Any photos of players, unless they were taken by you... you get the picture.

If we're dealing with copyright LAW, we'd mostly likely be safe under the loophole of comment/criticism, so long as we didn't post things without analysis, similar to the rules about posting tweets here I believe.

This isn't the law though (clearly no ex post facto), and a forum can conduct itself under whatever rules it wishes. That said, if you get banned here, you very likely won't have any personal repercussions short of not seeing your sweet, sweet hfboards.

Now I'm sure this is not what the rule maker intends, and this is pertaining directly to piracy. How its worded though, they can ban basically anyone for posting any multimedia, tweet, or any work save their own. If they enforce it that way, HFboards will lose a LOT of members.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Seems to me that the owners of HF don't have the means nor interest in having a legal argument with anyone. I've seen this kind of bullying in other forums where a company sent cease and desist letters, including ridiculous cases they could never support in court. (Like you could not post pictures you took of figures you painted that were originally purchased from a company, couldn't post rules you wrote to a game you created which COULD use those figures, etc). But the game forum was small time and had no way to contest this stuff. Even if they won the argument, they lost the war and would have to shut down.

I understand companies have to show they defended their copyrighted material. But I really see no point in trying to abide by this extreme interpretation. I don't expect anyone to get banned over it, but of I do I can live with that.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Hey guys,

So this new rule is troubling. I'm sure I understand what they're attempting to get rid of on these boards, BUT that rule looks like all copyrighted materials are off limits.

This would mean no materials other than ones created by you would be allowed on this forum. Any video not filmed directly by you, regardless of whether or not it has the NHL's ad before it would also be subject to copyright if embedded. All avatars that are photos not taken by you, or otherwise created by you (ENTIRELY! no manipulation of other photos), would also be a violation. Any photos of players, unless they were taken by you... you get the picture.

If we're dealing with copyright LAW, we'd mostly likely be safe under the loophole of comment/criticism, so long as we didn't post things without analysis, similar to the rules about posting tweets here I believe.

This isn't the law though (clearly no ex post facto), and a forum can conduct itself under whatever rules it wishes. That said, if you get banned here, you very likely won't have any personal repercussions short of not seeing your sweet, sweet hfboards.

Now I'm sure this is not what the rule maker intends, and this is pertaining directly to piracy. How its worded though, they can ban basically anyone for posting any multimedia, tweet, or any work save their own. If they enforce it that way, HFboards will lose a LOT of members.
1) HFBoards isn't banning anyone under this policy change unless a poster gets three strikes via a DMCA. To date, HFBoards has not had a single DMCA filed against it.

2) We're only actively moderating the request and posting of links to streams. Things like highlights and GIFs may still be posted, but a user does so at their own risk (since technically those things might be susceptible to a DMCA). Those things are usually embedded, not hosted here, so if someone was going after that content it would make sense to go after the source...but HF isn't making any promises on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad