• Dakota Mermis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Season's most likely over so..

I'm curious what we would consider our best players from this season, so let's vote for line-up of the year. Ignore stuff like chemistry, position etc, just vote for our 3 best forwards and 2 best dmen (based on performance in coyote jerseys). Goalie position I feel we all can agree on Kuemper so I'll exclude goalies from the poll.

XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX
Kuemper

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
For me it would be
Gally - Richardson - Crouse
OEL - Hammer (easy)
I wasn't too exited with the Richardson signing, but man has he proved me wrong. Schmaltz is really exciting to watch, can't wait to see what he brings if he is healthy next season.

I didn't really notice Fischer on the ice, but off the ice I heard him screaming plenty during the belt ceremonies.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm going to say:
Crouse- Galchenyuk- Grabner
Hammer -OEL

Crouse looks so much quicker and more effective. Love his game.
Grabner is not what I'd ever call an offensive player, but he's so disruptive and dangerous every shift. Galchenyuk was our most consistent of our offensive players, and did more dirty work than I expected, even though he isn't amazing defensively.

Honorable mentions to:
Garland who gave us a big boost before being inexplicably scratched consistently. He'll look great in Chicago.
Richardson who I thought was going to repeat his corpse-like performance from last year, but was terrific most every night. Career season in your mid-thirties is nothing to sneeze at.
Hinostroza who has been very effective in the second half after a so-so start. Maybe getting a little too cute of late.

Hammer is just a pro. Shows up everynight and does the dirty work. Best defenseman.
Captain Underpants because even though he is wildly inconsistent with offense and effort, no one else on D was consistently good either. He was facing a weak field.

Honorable mentions to:
Lyubushkin who gave an honest effort every night and was hard on the opposition.
Goligoski who started slow as always but was fairly effective down the stretch.
Demers had a good, reliable finish after coming back.The
Oesterle for being relatively steady and effective in his role.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Surprised I'm the first vote for Keller, and it feels a bit like Phil Kessel in Toronto. Maybe he underachieved, regressed a bit from last year, but he was still the leading scorer.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Surprised I'm the first vote for Keller, and it feels a bit like Phil Kessel in Toronto. Maybe he underachieved, regressed a bit from last year, but he was still the leading scorer.
He also gets the most ice time of our forwards, both PP and ES. He's in the bottom half of our forwards if you rate them by ES-pts/60. Hino, Panik & Schmaltz has been the most effective even strength players this season.

jt91ko21

Dec 7, 2014
Grabner, sorry but i mean that guy has 6 SHG in just 39 Games. Still Lead the league, a whole season and the Lemieux Record (13 SHG) it would be close.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Few players I had a hard time not voting for but went with
Crouse-Richardson-Gally
OEL-Hammer

Funny with Richardson, I was kind of baffled by the signing but he made me eat the crow for sure. Played well and gave more than expected. Crouse was a beast and the last couple of games he and OEL were willing this team to be better it felt. Speaking of... this stretch of games made me feel really good about OEL. He stepped up during the clutch of the season and I believe he will do that same thing in the future. Gally has been the most consistent, putting in work and still got goals even though he's saddled with players who don't compliment goal scoring attributes for some reason.

Could have put in Win-o-stroza or Grabner easily too. Other players definitely contributed to a good season.

Not surprised Keller has the one vote so far... it isn't that he didn't score points, it's that he was invisible. If he played like he did last night and didn't put up points, I'm sure he'd have gotten a lot more votes... but last night was the first game in a long time that he seemed to be doing Keller stuff.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'll go with sure-fire players that deserve a roster spot next year for their play this season:
Archibald - Schmaltz - Hinestroza
OEL - Bush

Jarms and Grabner with honorable mentions

Overall the roster did decently given the situation, but we still need at least 2 consistent scorers (perhaps Dvo and Keller next season but we should probably look outside of the current roster) and a new PP coach

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I understand the small sample size with Schmaltz, but is that the only thing that is not giving him stronger consideration?

We didn't have much by way of point production, and we found someone who put in what, 14 points in 17 games?

Reactions: MIG

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Crouse-Richardson-Vinnie
OEL-Hammer
Kuemper

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I understand the small sample size with Schmaltz, but is that the only thing that is not giving him stronger consideration?

We didn't have much by way of point production, and we found someone who put in what, 14 points in 17 games?
Out of sight, out of mind.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Forwards had some interesting choices but I'm not exactly surprised I ended up voting with pretty much the majority in Grabner-Richardson-Hinostroza.

OEL-Hjalmarsson is a pretty easy vote for our best two defensemen of the season though. Lyubushkin made me stop and think for a brief moment, but it wasn't really a tough decision.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Extremely small sample size. Sucked defensively 5v5 with Keller. Not sure how he garners a vote.

Cause during that entire sample size he carried our offense like nobody's business and put Keller on his back.

With/without Schmaltz is two entirely different teams.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That happened in exactly four of those games. He was outstanding in those four games.

In the other thirteen we were 4-9 and he was a negative nine along with Keller. He was good for the powerplay, though.

Further debunking the myth:
We were outscored 45-32 in those thirteen games.
That's 2.46 GF/G and 3.46 GA/G.
Our season average without Schmaltz is 2.48 GF/G and 2.61 GA/G.
Even if we include the four outstanding games he had when he first came over, we were outscored 47-50 while he was in the lineup. That gets us to 2.76 GF/G but 2.94 GA/G.
We gained .28 goals per game and gave up .34 more goals with him in the lineup counting all his games. Not a massive benefit (if any, we lost value in goal differential). If the real Schmaltz is the player we saw in the last 13 games he played and not the first four games, we scored .02 FEWER goals with him in the lineup and gave up .85 goals MORE with him in the lineup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad