Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Agreed about Leaky Lake. The thing is actually worse IMO because the lake itself is now sunken in and doesn't provide a ton of cover. Pretty much still going to avoid it unless there's a challenge to drop there.

The new heavy AR is live. You have to shoot it like a burst for it to be most effective. Otherwise, it's spray and pray you get a hit marker.

I've taken notice to a ton of stuffed animal bears around the map, mostly staring into a corner. No clue if this is a precursor to an event/theme coming up. I thought they'd be gone after the new update getting rid of the halloween decor

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They kept the ability to deploy your glider pretty much three stories up or higher. definitely changes the dynamic of the game and the ability to get around or over people. You see sky ramps all over the place now as there is no fear of dying. I like it, some people don't.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Partnership with the NFL goes live on Friday, official NFL skins. Should make them a pretty penny for sure :laugh:

Regarding the changes, I think adding re deployable gliders from 3 stories up is without a doubt one of the worst changes they've implemented. Theres no risk anymore, and its beyond annoying going up against somebody and having a build off, then attempting to take out it out if you drop down with them just gliding away. Jump pads are essentially useless at this point.

Leaky Lake is meh. Expected a little more after the event and it's still not a great place to drop, it's a spot with so much potential as well with the lake setting. I think I've burned out of the game at this point, cant hop on for as long as I used to be able to, but I still find it fun to play. Just wish they'd take the gliders back out.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The deploy glider from 3 stories up is interesting. I'm not that good at the game or building, so I kind of like it because it allows me to get away and heal up if I'm playing against someone ridiculously good at building. It also allows you to traverse the map faster, which I like. It definitely takes some risk out of the game though as you can build as high as you want and not worry about fall damage anymore.

Haven't even landed at Leaky Lake but have heard only bad things.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Leaky Lake is now just boring, honestly. It sucked before cause it was a huge chunk of water in the middle of the map. If you had to cross it and the storm was on your ass, good luck. They made it interesting with the whirlwind and cube there, but all that hype and cube stuff for...this? The place just kind of sucks. It's like a Tomato Temple type of place.

The deploy, I'm a fan of, honestly. I like the speeding up of the game.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You had the meteors back in Season 3 destroying the map and delivering The Visitor, who set off the Rocket during Season 4, which created the rifts that eventually spawned the Cube, an insanely powerful thing that eventually blew up and created...a new island where there was already an island.

I don't know, they've been gearing towards this for over half a year, and this was the end result?

I'm not even completely sold on the 'Fortnite needs a new map', but that was the perfect time to do it (or heavily alter the current map). Imagine being in the white, then it fades and you come back down into a completely new map? It would have been an epic moment (no pun intended)

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I like being able to use the gliders to prevent fall damage. It definitely helps speed up the game and make it easier to find enemies. There'd be some games that I'd run around half the map and not see a single person to engage and to me that's super boring. Now I can build up if I have to and glide around to find people. Maybe they can meet in the middle somehow and make it so you have to be higher up to deploy your glider?

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I like being able to use the gliders to prevent fall damage. It definitely helps speed up the game and make it easier to find enemies. There'd be some games that I'd run around half the map and not see a single person to engage and to me that's super boring. Now I can build up if I have to and glide around to find people. Maybe they can meet in the middle somehow and make it so you have to be higher up to deploy your glider?
One of the streamers I was watching, kraftyy I think, was saying you should have to fall for x amount of distance/time, instead of it just being the default 30 meters from the ground.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Epic Games employees have clearly been playing RDR2 a little too much :laugh:

Since the game was launched (or very soon before), Fortnite has added a cowboy skin, six shooter revolver, dynamite and a Wild West LTM.

Personally, I love it. The gaming industry is incredibly competitive, but it's nice to see such a unique game like Fortnite take influence and inspiration from an incredible game like RDR2.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Epic Games employees have clearly been playing RDR2 a little too much :laugh:

Since the game was launched (or very soon before), Fortnite has added a cowboy skin, six shooter revolver, dynamite and a Wild West LTM.

Personally, I love it. The gaming industry is incredibly competitive, but it's nice to see such a unique game like Fortnite take influence and inspiration from an incredible game like RDR2.

I mean its a smart way capitalize of the success of other games/topics/news/etc. -- So I'm all for it.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Season 7 comes tomorrow:

- Creative Mode, which Fortnite announced today. Basically, a Playground mode where you can actually build your Island. Place houses, trees, chests, etc.

- Planes. 'Ascend to new heights' was the teaser for today, and in one of the Creative videos posted by a featured creator, you can see a Plane as an option under 'Devices'

- Apple leaked part of the Battle Pass skins image - a slim, black suit woman (kind of like a sleeker female Omega), a hooded blue guy with blue glowing eyes that drag down, and a super jacked guy with an old-man beard. Plus, what looks like the eye from the leaked onesie skin.

- Snow. This has been teased a ton, so it's no surprise to anyone, but it appears 1/4 of the map or so will be covered in snow.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
With the snow teasers I was really hoping to see the Night King as a playable character ( like Thanos was) .. then I realized this wouldn't work with GoT final season not coming on for another 3-5 months..

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am a total sucker for Christmas/winter themed videogame stuff! I may jump in for a bit just to check it out.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Other than the planes i'm really digging it. I honestly like that its not the entire map itself that's covered. They'd pretty much lose all the color in the game and I doubt they want that haha.

Greasy and Shifty are still "there", just covered. My guess is the iceberg will melt through the season, possibly leading to something inside it, but I have no clue. You can still get only the houses/Bass Pro Shop, just gotta axe your way through. I'm also a complete sucker for anything winter themed in video games, so i'm definitely looking forward to the season.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Risky just got killed, by concrete that will be called ‘The Block’. It will keep changing, taking people’s creations in Creator mode and putting them onto the Battle Royale map

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Risky just got killed, by concrete that will be called ‘The Block’. It will keep changing, taking people’s creations in Creator mode and putting them onto the Battle Royale map

Good idea. We played one game and landed at Risky, next game it was the Block but on the map it still looks like Risky lol. Bunch of guys running around on the concrete with no guns hitting each other.

So the planes are kind of cool, creates some more chaos. Too many ziplines all over the place. You randomly hit them and get killed falling off while trying to do something else. I love the new Balloons.... haha. I was reigning rockets down on teams yesterday all day. You get so high up they have no idea where they are coming from.

I was getting bored at the end of last season but it's fun again.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Lol with Smash, Spiderman, RDR2, BO4, and BFV out people are STILL playing this?

Absolutely.

And it's still the most watched game on Twitch.

Some people are getting bored and tired of it, but the game is imbedded into pop culture right now. It appeals to anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad