Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Jumped into a 50's match this morning to try and complete some of the challenges that are easier to complete in that game mode. The new port a fortress is absolutely annoying and the spawn rate on those things are insane. Literally the final circle is nothing but 5+ of these damn things. The spawn rate needs to go way down

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Loot Lake being a giant bouncy house is actually pretty fun. Played a 50 vs 50 match last night and the final circle was right around Loot and just about everyone was at the lake bouncing around. It was pretty unreal

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Season 6 dropped. The Battle Pass looks amazing. Not sure how I feel about the new invisibility stones, Loot Lake looks kinda cool now. No new big map POI like we’ve gotten in the past other than the Loot Lake update.

Also added in are Pet cosmetics and music.

The new pets seem to be worthless

It’s a cosmetic, much like a back bling.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I think I’m pretty burned out on this game, even with the new season (don’t care too much for cosmetic add ons). The map is big, sure, but playing the same map (for the most part) 1000 times over and over again is beginning to get really boring. I think I’ve hit the wall officially.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Season 6 dropped. The Battle Pass looks amazing. Not sure how I feel about the new invisibility stones, Loot Lake looks kinda cool now. No new big map POI like we’ve gotten in the past other than the Loot Lake update.

Also added in are Pet cosmetics and music.
The limited videos I've seen of the invisibility stones make them look like they will quickly get old. Stay far away from those drop points unless you want to get secretly killed.

The two biggest changes to the map (other than Loot) are the Haunted Mansion added on the hill by Haunted Hills and the new underground bunker in Wailing Woods

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I hate to sound repetitive but man some of these challenges are ridiculous. Cozy Campfire one took me forever. The spawn rate seems to have gone way down or they are just constantly being used right away. The llama one I still haven’t completed and haven’t seen a llama at all to even try to go for it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The stones have not been active since I've been playing so..... A few new cool things on the map. I feel like gaining XP even with wins takes forever to unlock different cosmetic parts. The pets are a nice add albeit silly. I've noticed C4 is gone. I am getting a bit bored with the grind - I feel like they may need a 2nd map soon.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The island moving from rune to rune seems like it's a bit of a repeat of the cube moving last season. I hope that all the runes will be "activated" before the season ends and we can have some other type of event going on.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Fortnite does the expected and re-releases the Skull Trooper skin today. And I’m sure everyone who spent $300 for a Skull Trooper account is on suicide watch

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Fortnite does the expected and re-releases the Skull Trooper skin today. And I’m sure everyone who spent $300 for a Skull Trooper account is on suicide watch
I don't get the hype on these skins, especially that one. At the end of the day, is it really going to be worth it to put a ton of money into buying skins unless your main job is to stream/make Youtube vids?

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I don't get the hype on these skins, especially that one. At the end of the day, is it really going to be worth it to put a ton of money into buying skins unless your main job is to stream/make Youtube vids?
I look at the skins as this generation of kids Pokémon cards/Pogs/Tomagatchis. Something to collect for fun and show off to your friends.

I am with you and couldnt care less what my character looks like, but I can also see the audience for them for sure.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I look at the skins as this generation of kids Pokémon cards/Pogs/Tomagatchis. Something to collect for fun and show off to your friends.

I am with you and couldnt care less what my character looks like, but I can also see the audience for them for sure.
That's a fair comparison. I'm sure the little kids that are absolutely trash at this game that have all the skins are the same ones who have parents that let them spend ridiculous amounts of money to shut them up :laugh:

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I have been playing mostly Save the World, I earn Vbucks and the kids can rotate picking out what ever stupid skin they want lol. I tried a round of the new dance game yesterday and HATED it. I would be full shield and killed in two hits from an AR, am I the only thinking the increased damage in that mode?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I have been playing mostly Save the World, I earn Vbucks and the kids can rotate picking out what ever stupid skin they want lol. I tried a round of the new dance game yesterday and HATED it. I would be full shield and killed in two hits from an AR, am I the only thinking the increased damage in that mode?

They didn't increase damage (you can see how much damage you give when shooting), but it may seem that way because there's so much going on.

I'm not a fan of the mode, either, but it's good for challenges. Pistol eliminations? Just grab some dual pistols and head into the middle of the circle. You'll catch people off guard and have a chance to respawn.

Today they added a new ATK that can break through buildings

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Fortnitemares update came out today:

- Zombies now spawn around the map. They give pretty good loot but you can get pretty easily wiped if your focus is on them. Seems like this is what the cube event was.

- New Wild West skin that changes as you collect kills and outlive opponents in a match

- Pumpkin-shooter RPG, return of the crossbow and a new revolver

- for the next week, you can parachute above 10m (meaning any height you can take fall damage from, you can deploy your parachute).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fortnitemares needs to be a permanent mode. I've never had this much fun playing this game. The chaos of the mode with the risk/reward of fighting hordes of zombies is insanely fun. Granted, I'm a little biased cause it reminds me of CoD zombies a bit and this feels like that mode perfectly integrated into Fortnite, but man. I'm gonna be sad when this is gone.

Also, the crossbow against the zombies is so satisfying. Not sure I would have gotten my last win if not for having it. Clearing hordes quickly and being able to down a golden zombie got me great loot and plenty of ammo.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is anyone else’s Halloween challenges glitched?

I killed a bunch of opponents in corrupted areas before it counted. I just got six chests in corrupted areas in a couple matches and it didn’t count. I’m at 1/7

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Cube event finally happened. A+ on the event. The cube exploded, everything went white and there were butterflies, and then you see it completely changed Loot Lake.

...the actual result? F. I guess the end result is better than the uselessness that was Loot Lake, but it’s not a whole lot better. At least the whirlwind added some excitement into the game. I was really hoping for a Volcano.

With that being said, Hunting Party skin is coming this week and we should start gearing towards Season 7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->