Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Played a bunch of games over the weekend for the first time in awhile. The challenges that are out for the first couple of weeks are so stupid. It's very pointless to shoot basketballs, shoot clay pigeons collect lightning bolts and dance in front of cakes. That took up the majority of my actual gameplay was finding and completing these challenges.

I'd love for a new update to be able to tell us which parts of a challenge like that we completed. Somehow indicating which cakes we've dance in front of or which hoops we've made a basket it would be super helpful.

Sep 19, 2008
The only one I've been able to do consistently is the dancing cake one and the "Open x amount of ammo boxes".

Mostly just focus on the battlefield at this point. All I play now is 50v50.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol my game bugged the cake dance one. I'm forever stuck at 9/10 and I made sure to visit every cake. I even made a checklist to make sure I didn't miss any.

Reactions: G F O P

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I got a solo win yesterday with zero kills ! lol Landed in Lucky, and was in every circle until we were down to 4. I had tried to fight a few others during the wait but they all ran away. When we got to 4 left I had engaged each one as we were all in a square and 4th was killed by another player and I had the other 2 down to white dmg, I still had 25 shield. When the final circle started to move they were both killed by the storm. Craziest game I have played to date, I had over 500 damage to players in the game and left with 0 kills.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Lol my game bugged the cake dance one. I'm forever stuck at 9/10 and I made sure to visit every cake. I even made a checklist to make sure I didn't miss any.
I had a few bugs with it as well on Xbox One. I had to visit 4 different locations two different times for the challenge to register that I danced in front of them. I'd be all in on eliminating these pointless challenges for more game based challenges. Switch them out for "damage to opponents" or "damage to structures" or just plain old elimination challenges. It would make the actual gameplay more exciting instead of getting easily killed because you're shooting a basketball or dancing in front of something

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Still stuck on flaming hoops ...... I saved it for last thinking I could easily do it in 50v50.... then they had to take the vehicles out and I am screwed until they can finally stop players from getting under the map

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Couldn't play until yesterday so I feel your pain with the flaming hoops. I really just want to complete it so I don't see those awful things everywhere.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes (5 total)

I'm sure that challenge will be real fun. There definitely won't be some asshole who drops in at Lazy Links each time to kill people trying to go for the challenge

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I'm sure that challenge will be real fun. There definitely won't be some ******* who drops in at Lazy Links each time to kill people trying to go for the challenge
Challenges like this are what I use 50v50 for. Same with the flaming rings. The game was doing so well then they started adding dumb stuff like this, nerfed building and introduced spam weapons. Also have you, or anyone else noticed a difference with sniping? Did they change the hit box or something that I missed?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Challenges like this are what I use 50v50 for. Same with the flaming rings. The game was doing so well then they started adding dumb stuff like this, nerfed building and introduced spam weapons. Also have you, or anyone else noticed a difference with sniping? Did they change the hit box or something that I missed?
They seem to have improved building in the last patch again after everyone was complaining.

I think they need to buff shotguns a bit, to counter the pray and spray. If someone is spraying like that you need to be able to one shot him with a shotgun.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
This season isn't anywhere near as good as the last two IMO. How do you guys feel about it?

There's no "mystery" as to what is going to happen like in the previous seasons and the "theme" just doesn't seem to be hitting home as well as before. It all just seems like a jumbled mess.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
This season isn't anywhere near as good as the last two IMO. How do you guys feel about it?

There's no "mystery" as to what is going to happen like in the previous seasons and the "theme" just doesn't seem to be hitting home as well as before. It all just seems like a jumbled mess.
I agree on a storyline standpoint.

I actually think gameplay is the best its been (I know, unpopular opinion). Double pumping was the worst gameplay I was a part of. It's a lot more balanced now, though I think shotguns in general could use a little damage boost.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
The story line is pretty bland for sure, but after the fix to build hp it seems to be pretty even over all. Minus the nonsense that is the minigun however. It needs to have some sort of cool down. Also I mowed down a whole team with one yesterday.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I agree on a storyline standpoint.

I actually think gameplay is the best its been (I know, unpopular opinion). Double pumping was the worst gameplay I was a part of. It's a lot more balanced now, though I think shotguns in general could use a little damage boost.
The gameplay has been solid I do agree with you there. The one thing I have noticed a lot is the amount of people that die before the first storm is even over. That seems to have increased dramatically, whether that's due to more people getting a lot better at the game or the increase in drop points.

The storyline just doesn't make sense to me at all. It's half going back in time, half futuristic?. Maybe that's what they were going for but it wasn't planned very well?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Digging the new 50 vs 50 mode. Love the fact that you can use the gliders from any large drop. They should test a LTM for solos/duos/squads with that element added in

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’ll agree with everyone else in terms of the story being really random right now. Although with the blockbuster skin coming out this week, we might get more of an idea.

Digging the new 50 vs 50 mode. Love the fact that you can use the gliders from any large drop. They should test a LTM for solos/duos/squads with that element added in

It’s wayyyy better. Instead of running for 4 minutes to the circle you can just glide in from anywhere.

And I believe those modes were data-mined, so it should be coming.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
My kid has recently gotten into playing a bit and he likes it but I don’t know the best way to purchasing cool things for him? Like can he get new skins/weapons to keep and what is the Battle Pass?

Also he tells me he can get Captain America’s shield but when I look this up it seems to be YouTube click bait?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
My kid has recently gotten into playing a bit and he likes it but I don’t know the best way to purchasing cool things for him? Like can he get new skins/weapons to keep and what is the Battle Pass?

Also he tells me he can get Captain America’s shield but when I look this up it seems to be YouTube click bait?

There's no Cap shield unfortunately so yes, clickbait. The Battle Pass is a reward system that gives a player a reward or sometimes 2 every time they rank up their tier. There's 100 tiers in the battle pass, and you rank up each tier by getting 10 battle stars. You get battle stars by playing/leveling up/completing challenges.

Basically everything in the game goes by their own currency called V Bucks. I'd say if hes going to be playing quite a bit, get him the Battle Pass, which costs 950 V Bucks. You can purchase them in the store through the menu, its 13 dollars for 1000 V bucks. If you decide to buy individual items, sometimes it can get pricey, so I'd stick with that. Nice individual skins in the item shop usually go for around 1200 to 2000 V Bucks, and when you consider that means spending essentially 13 to 33 dollars on just a skin or 2 if you decide to buy stuff separately, the Battle Pass just has more bang for buck. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Very helpful, thanks a lot man! He seems to actually be sticking with this game so I don’t mind spending a bit of money on it, but confused looking at menus since I’ve never sat down to play it myself.

Appreciate the help!

Last question, does the battle pass last only as long as the particular season you purchase it in? Probably obvious answer. So it would be best to get it right at the start of a season?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Very helpful, thanks a lot man! He seems to actually be sticking with this game so I don’t mind spending a bit of money on it, but confused looking at menus since I’ve never sat down to play it myself.

Appreciate the help!

Last question, does the battle pass last only as long as the particular season you purchase it in? Probably obvious answer. So it would be best to get it right at the start of a season?
Yes the battle pass only lasts for as long as the season you are in. You will have to buy a new one next season, you can earn vbucks after buying the battle pass as well by increasing your tier level.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver

Appreciate the help!

JetsWillFly nailed it. You buy a separate battle pass each season, as the rewards will be different. The rewards hes able to get in the current season are permanent by the way, like the skins and everything else you unlock.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Appreciate the help!

Yes the battle pass only lasts for as long as the season you are in. You will have to buy a new one next season, you can earn vbucks after buying the battle pass as well by increasing your tier level.

Basically what Jets said. I've only ever purchased one season of the battle pass, but have gained enough vbucks by leveling up in each season that I've been able to purchase the new battle pass for "free" when it comes out. You just have to shy away from the temptation of purchasing other skins, gliders, emotes, etc.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
The time trials are by far the dumbest challenge they've come up with yet. Can't wait to see what nonsense they come out with in week 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad