Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
If you want shields, go to the desert area. I swear every building there has a big pot.

I'm enjoying the new changes. Really love the desert area as it is stuffed with great loot and makes the map feel bigger. The Viking area is okay, haven't explored it much. The golf course doesn't have as much loot as Anarchy did, would rather Fatal have been wiped. Golf carts are fun and great for covering long distances. Like the idea of the battlepass stuff not having an expiration date. One day in and I'm already level 16 so this doesn't seem like it will be such a grind this season.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
So that first real Competitive Fortnite game was a total shitshow. The lag on their own private server was so bad that players couldn't even run, they were just stuttering in place and dying because of that. And since kills only mattered for the highest total getting $6500 each match, the last few circles were having 30-40 people in them camping and building like crazy. It was fun to watch the top players face each other but they need to figure out how to host it right and they need to have a spectator cam and not just focus on a couple streamers hitting trees or hiding. After 5 matches they cancelled the rest of the matches (it was supposed to be 10 total matches unless someone won 2) and that was it. I'd say that was a huge embarrassment for Epic.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I think the game has finally worn on me. After I grinded Level 80 Omega, I pretty much stopped for the season. However, I haven’t gotten into Season 5 much, yet. Lots of things I like, but I just don’t have the motivation.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
This season battle pass and map updates are better than last season for sure but I'm definitely worn out. It doesn't help that it's summer and the people I play with including me do a lot of other stuff. I still play a few hours a week and try to get a couple wins per session but from a couple weeks into season 3 to basically the end of season 4 I played quite a bit.

Glad that the progressive skins carry over, don't have to grind for them and I'll hit tier 100 fairly easily.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Been on vacation so I haven't had the chance to play the new season yet. I've seen a ton of videos online with the golf carts. They look fun if you're in a group of people

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been on vacation so I haven't had the chance to play the new season yet. I've seen a ton of videos online with the golf carts. They look fun if you're in a group of people
They're fun if you're not. They have the drift and boost mechanic from Mario kart.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
The unnamed town in the south eastern part of the desert biome is absolutely insane (not paradise palms). If you haven't landed there yet you need to try it. There's probably about ~15-20 chests in the buildings. Not a lot of materials, but you can break down some of the beds/furniture and leave with ~200 wood.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
New P90 patch came out today. Nerfs to building as well. All I want is to be able to remove back bling on console :(

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
New P90 patch came out today. Nerfs to building as well. All I want is to be able to remove back bling on console :(

Yeah not sure if I like the building nerf, It help players like myself who were not the best builders but I was trying to get better, but the way they are going with the building changes Fortnite is going to lose what makes it different from all the other BR games.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Yeah not sure if I like the building nerf, It help players like myself who were not the best builders but I was trying to get better, but the way they are going with the building changes Fortnite is going to lose what makes it different from all the other BR games.
I've been getting much better over the past few weeks with my building. I don't mind the nerf to the building so much but they need to vault the minigun, or have some type of limit/cool down, and need to nerf explosive damage. They absolutely need to stop trying to kill building, however as someone that has a pretty good shot it isn't the worst thing. :)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
All the SMGs are just melting like crazy. So many times today I'd be dead before I could even switch to build. It's not fun to play like this

SMGs used to be so irrelevant in the game, they clearly wanted to make it a good alternative for a shotgun.

I do agree, this P90 is too powerful. With that quick of a fire rate, the damage it does and magazine size it can kill you in a second.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Yeah had two games in a row last night were I was just destroyed buy the new gun, so frustrated I switched over to save the world for the rest of the night

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
SMGs are too strong but I get the idea behind that, the game was waaaaaaay too shotgun centric for a while, should be easy enough to balance them out.

I don't get nerfing mats, at all. The combo of P90 intro and nerfing mats is insane, people can just rip your walls down no problem with the P90.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
SMGs are too strong but I get the idea behind that, the game was waaaaaaay too shotgun centric for a while, should be easy enough to balance them out.

I don't get nerfing mats, at all. The combo of P90 intro and nerfing mats is insane, people can just rip your walls down no problem with the P90.
Seems like the new update is getting pushed out to nerf SMGs. Rumors out there ninja is not happy with the new building changes and hasn’t adapted as well to the MSGs so he was one of the big reasons why they did (and so quickly) Seems like a few of the popular fortnite sites are stating this. I know this happens everywhere but kinda sucks Ninja has that much power.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ninja is a nobody without Fortnite. Maybe instead of whining about stuff that changed you should actually like, adapt to the game.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I hope they didn't change it because he was complaining. The SMGs did need nerfed, everyone from casual players to the big time streamers were mocking how broken the SMGs were. I get that they wanted to have players use the SMG along with shotguns but they buffed them too much. Either way I finally got my first solo win last night so that is neat.

Reactions: sa cyred

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The P90 is ridiculous, even at long range. Only played 3 games last night and was killed twice by someone who had a P90. The one time I had a purple SCAR and the other guy had a P90 and he melted me easily from medium to long range. Assault rifles essentially are useless.

Also the mini-gun needs nerfed a bit since the mats are nerfed. They do significant damage to any type of structure

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Seems like the new update is getting pushed out to nerf SMGs. Rumors out there ninja is not happy with the new building changes and hasn’t adapted as well to the MSGs so he was one of the big reasons why they did (and so quickly) Seems like a few of the popular fortnite sites are stating this. I know this happens everywhere but kinda sucks Ninja has that much power.

Are these the same websites that reported Ninja died from ligma?

If Ninja had any major clout with Epic he would have had his own skin by now.

Ninja is a nobody without Fortnite. Maybe instead of whining about stuff that changed you should actually like, adapt to the game.

Let me get this right, because he is making millions from this game he is not allowed to have an opinion? His opinion is pretty much the same opinion of the majority of players anyways.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Are these the same websites that reported Ninja died from ligma?

If Ninja had any major clout with Epic he would have had his own skin by now.

Let me get this right, because he is making millions from this game he is not allowed to have an opinion? His opinion is pretty much the same opinion of the majority of players anyways.
FWIW I don’t hate him or anything. Good for him for making money this way. It was some fortnite twitter accounts that are fairly pro Ninja and reported it. I’ll try to find the reports again and post it.

That being said, the amount of publicity someone like ninja gets from playing Fortnite, it would be a extremely poor business move if they weren’t listening to his suggestions not under the table dealings with him. He is one of the biggest promotions for EPIC that the (presumely) don’t pay for. So I fully, 100% believe, that he has more pull then the normal crowd does.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Fortnite announced the Guided Missile will be making a return - this time slower, slower turn radius, less damage range and less overall damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->