Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
i afk'd for about an hour or two early to get in game for the rocket launch /avoid the inevitable queue for all the people trying to jump in right at 1:30.

well, my game crashed right when i alt tabbed back in and ended up in a 6 minute queue while the rocket launched :facepalm:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I haven’t played much in over a week. The Level 80 Omega grind completed and I’ve kinda stopped for Season 4. I’ll pick back up in Season 5. I’m hoping that they don’t do something like this again tbh.

The rocket event looked cool. I really have no idea where they’re going with this and I’m excited to find out.

Reactions: Cmac66

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I got the Omega skin over the weekend by completing a ton of the challenges I had leftover from previous weeks, which was a nice accomplishment considering I haven't played a ton this season. No way I get up to the level you need to unlock all the extra stuff with that skin though. I liked last season's level 100 challenges better.

I've seen speculation that the Fortnite map is going to be going back in time. I've also seen speculation that a few places will get a total makeover going into next season. Either way, I'm down from some fresh map changes since the game has slowly gotten stale. I hope the map changes are major like when they gave us Tilted and Shifty and not Dusty Divot and Risky Reels

Reactions: SpoolCat

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
My cat thought it was a good time to knock the ethernet cable from my PS4 as I was floating down to the rocket area 2 mins before launch. Tried to get back in but got kicked and queue was over 7 mins. Just watched it on twitch. Was a cool event and I hope Epic decides to do more stuff like that.

I'm sitting at Tier 99 and Level 67 after grinding a bit this weekend. Burnt the hell out, tho, and knowing I probably won't reach Level 80, I'm fine with reaching Tier 100 and just waiting for the new season. Don't really care about time travel or historical locations or whatever, just want something new to strive for. Don't even like the Omega skin at all.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Sitting right around level 76, should be able to grind out to level 80. I've really been getting in a groove with my snipes. Hit a 249 meter head shot with a green hunting rifle.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Plot twist. The rocket actually breaks a dome that holds in the "arena" ala Hunger Games.

Should be interesting. Hopefully there's no bs stuff like the hop rocks

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
My cat thought it was a good time to knock the ethernet cable from my PS4 as I was floating down to the rocket area 2 mins before launch. Tried to get back in but got kicked and queue was over 7 mins. Just watched it on twitch. Was a cool event and I hope Epic decides to do more stuff like that.

I'm sitting at Tier 99 and Level 67 after grinding a bit this weekend. Burnt the hell out, tho, and knowing I probably won't reach Level 80, I'm fine with reaching Tier 100 and just waiting for the new season. Don't really care about time travel or historical locations or whatever, just want something new to strive for. Don't even like the Omega skin at all.

Yeah I share an account with my kids on Xbox, this is our first battle pass season, I had to explain that there is no way we are getting to 80, we are at Tier 95 and will get the Omega skin with next weeks stuff but we are only level 63, If they had an android app I could have done that drop and hide approach that many Iphone users have done to gain exp all day but alas Im just not down for the grind, I have really started to enjoy the game the last few weeks as an old PC gamer learning to shoot on a controller has been a very large learning curve for me. Just get to Tier 100 lvl 65 for most of the stuff I can get, I saved most of my Vbucks earned so I should get season 5 for free. One thing I learned is how important the daily quests are for the exp and Tiers, we we on vacation for 2 weeks and lost a lot free Stars those weeks.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Plot twist. The rocket actually breaks a dome that holds in the "arena" ala Hunger Games.

Should be interesting. Hopefully there's no bs stuff like the hop rocks
That makes sinse but I am not sure how all the portals (ie. Tomato Town, Motel) would fit, I think the theory of its some type of time warp

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Haven't used the drum gun a whole lot, but not really a fan of it. Grinded all day yesterday and I'm sitting midway through level 77. Gotta get that level 80 before season 5 starts.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So I've noticed that the common silenced SMG is absolutely OP for me right now and I think it's broken. I used the rare silenced SMG and it's only better in terms of being accurate from farther away. Definitely going to take advantage of it before it's patched

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So I've noticed that the common silenced SMG is absolutely OP for me right now and I think it's broken. I used the rare silenced SMG and it's only better in terms of being accurate from farther away. Definitely going to take advantage of it before it's patched

Not broken, it’s just Epic trying to make SMGs useful. They melt now.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wait when did Fortnite get released for PC?

Gonna try this out in a little bit.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm pumped for Season 5 coming in a few days. Fortnite created a pretty interesting story throughout Season 4 with the Superheroes/Omega, comet revealing the Visitor and the rocket launch.

Now, Fortnite is using their marketing tactics to create a really neat viral marketing campaign. First, the Burger from Greasy Grove that disappeared, appeared in a dessert in California with two researchers/investigators giving fans clues/phone numbers. Now, loot llamas have started to appear around the world in random places.

Wait when did Fortnite get released for PC?

Gonna try this out in a little bit.

I'm pretty sure it was always available on PC, starting first as just the PvE mode 'Save the World' and later adding the very popular Battle Royale mode.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Haven't played in over a week but I got my 3 easy daily challenges lined up for when the season changes. Completely ready for something different now.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Managed to grind a few backs and got the full omega skin, haven't played since though. Epic need to address the shotgun issue the fact that i am hitting 8 headshot with a blue pump is concerning.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Managed to grind a few backs and got the full omega skin, haven't played since though. Epic need to address the shotgun issue the fact that i am hitting 8 headshot with a blue pump is concerning.

Yeah pumps are broke, I just use a Tac if I find one or SMG at close range. died three games in a row where I hit a player one on one with a pump multiple times and still lost.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Yeah pumps are broke, I just use a Tac if I find one or SMG at close range. died three games in a row where I hit a player one on one with a pump multiple times and still lost.

The SMG is brilliant since the last patch the only noticeable shotgun to use now is the heavy and even then it is questionable at times.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Season 4 was pretty solid for me. Really turned it around by switching to builder pro and my snipe game was on point. Looking forward to season 5 with what looks to be Egyptian and Norse Gods in some fashion. Going by the images released by Fortnite on their twitter.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Well, they definitely changed things around. New emotes consist of hitting golf balls, shooting basketballs or serving a beachball.

Seems like the free players get quests to complete weekly now also.

New desert section on the map and Anarchy Acres is gone RIP

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Really excited for these changes. Here are my favourites:

- No more Omega-like grind as the challenges to unlock different styles carry into next season
- Removed double pumping again
- Added biomes for the first time
- Got rid of Anarchy (one of the farms needed to go)
- XP for reviving teammates

In addition, I’m liking the Battle Pass skins a lot more. The two characters that have styles that can be edited look super cool maxed out, and the girl lifeguard is a babe haha. I wasn’t a fan of the Superheroes at all

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Battle Pass with the exception of the first and last ones you can upgrade, but do like the map changes, other than those rifts. The desert area is a nice visual change, and the ship is cool too. If anything, I'm looking forward to the themed skins they'll have this season. Definitely some potential for some fun stuff with the whole time travel theme.

Are those rifts randomly scattered on the map, or set locations? I feel like if you're going to have them there, reduce the number of them and keep them random, stops players camping certain areas knowing they have an exit route close. I also feel like the shotgun change that shows you how many pellets hit is completely pointless without addressing the actual issue of damage inconsistency. It's literally just something different to rage to, wondering how your blue pump headshot hit for 2 pellets and 7 damage :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->