Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Does anyone else wish there was a mode with no building or just significantly less building?

I prefer Fortnite's less focus on loot and more on action to something like PUBG, but I just can't get over how cheesy it is for everyone's first reaction to everything is to build some cover or giant building.

No, it's what makes Fortnite unique. There are various methods to overcome building unless you are not good at it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Does anyone else wish there was a mode with no building or just significantly less building?

I prefer Fortnite's less focus on loot and more on action to something like PUBG, but I just can't get over how cheesy it is for everyone's first reaction to everything is to build some cover or giant building.

I think that would be fun, maybe not a full no build mode, but a restricted one level build or something, or like a quick button to throw a wall up and that’s it.. although I quite enjoy it the way it is, even though I’m super slow when it comes to building :laugh:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Update 4.3 came out this morning. The game added shopping carts, +5 shield mushrooms and Blitz Mode 2.0

Also, the new skins leaked. These week we should be getting a lot of cool new ones.

Week 5 Challenges:

Deal damage with an SMG (0/500) [5]
Search chests in Dusty Divot (0/7) [5]
Use aVending Machine (0/3) [5]
Dance with others to raise the Disco Ball near Loot Lake (0/1) [5]
Follow the treasure map found in Greasy Grove [10]
Minigun/LMG eliminations (0/2) [10]
Eliminate opponents in Lucky Landing (0/3) [10]

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Man have I hit a wall with this game. I've just done so poorly over the last week or so and can't seem to get out of a funk.

I can't wait to see the jetpack go. Not a fan at all

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I hate when I go up against some body with a jet pack but love when I have one. People can just overcome your build so quickly with it. I have issues deciding in my inventory whether to keep it at times. They are almost adding so many variables to this game it's hard to figure out what to do in a battle. Jetpacks, hop rocks and a new jump pad coming .

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I pretty much only play squads nowadays, and because I don’t have friends that play the game, Fill is pretty interesting.

Half of the games are your team wanting to land in Tilted or the first stop. Half of the games feature a little kid on the mic.

Last night I carried some no skin to the end. I had six kills, he had one as the rest of our team died off. Only problem was this guy looted every kill I got, so I was left with 50 wood and 30 ammo. I got killed off after I couldn’t build and the died seconds later. Super frustrating.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Think I've hit my wall with this game now. Just feel over the past few updates the building aspect has gone to hell. Every gun fight on Xbox has turned into just a cluster f*** of building. Just gets annoying when you rinse repeat over and over shoot-watch them build-outbuild to the point of a small city is built-succeed/fail-repeat

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Think I've hit my wall with this game now. Just feel over the past few updates the building aspect has gone to hell. Every gun fight on Xbox has turned into just a cluster **** of building. Just gets annoying when you rinse repeat over and over shoot-watch them build-outbuild to the point of a small city is built-succeed/fail-repeat
Yeah I do agree with this partly. I haven't hit my wall yet but I'm close. I'm not a fan of the build battles where you have to battle over who has the high ground. I would be a fan of them trying a mode where building was either limited or non existent. They could limit the building by limiting the number of materials you could harvest.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Still can't get a damn trap kill lol. I tried a few times on the 20 person game mode but it's tough to try and box someone in when your teammates shoot people who are downed right away. It's also been a disaster to even find traps now. All I've found is the new bounce pads all over the place.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
They are reducing the amount of materials gained from llamas from 500 each to 200 each, which seems unnecessary. Also are reducing the amount of materials found as floor loot by a third, which means more time spent farming if you want materials to build. Not really sure why those changes are happening.

They are also buffing the minigun to make it more accurate and do more damage to structures. Other weapons will do more damage to structures, as well, no damage fall off. C4 is getting buffed to do even more damage and they are reducing explosive ammo to try and curb late game RPG/grenade spamming.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
They are reducing the amount of materials gained from llamas from 500 each to 200 each, which seems unnecessary. Also are reducing the amount of materials found as floor loot by a third, which means more time spent farming if you want materials to build. Not really sure why those changes are happening.

They are also buffing the minigun to make it more accurate and do more damage to structures. Other weapons will do more damage to structures, as well, no damage fall off. C4 is getting buffed to do even more damage and they are reducing explosive ammo to try and curb late game RPG/grenade spamming.

I hate the nerfs to materials as well. It's pretty clear the type of players EPIC are catering to when nerfing mats/building.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
They're nerfing the shotguns now, I think I saw pump damage going from 90/95 to 80/85 and headshot multiplier from 2.5x to 2.0x so no more 200+ damage headshots. Will just make people rely more on the double pump which needs to be fixed.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This thread has been up since October of 2017 and it still has the title spelled wrong. lol @SniperHF you slackin, bro!

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'm a moderator not a copy editor :P
Plus this game is largely responsible for murdering UT so I'm not too enthused about it.
Hahahaha, fair enough. You should have left the title as Fortnight. :P I was just razzing you

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nerf to shotguns and rocket spawns are very good, sams with damge to structures; nerfing llamas and floor materials is dumb though.
Totally agree. Though I will say it's not that hard to just go farm mats the regular way. Just puts more of a focus on doing so. It won't really change endgame build battles much.

The shotgun meta had to change though. Fortnite was starting to remind me of Destiny 1 where for a good long while people were basically maining shotguns and PVP was just a big shotgun battle. The emphasis on just finding a way to get in close to shotgun people instead of fight any other way was annoying. This won't stop the people who are good at double pump 2.0 though. For me I just tried and couldn't get it to work. I'll likely go back to pump/smg

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I usually run pump/smg or pump/tac or heavy/tac. Tac is probably my favourite as if you miss a shot, it's easy to get back on track. They'll never fully get rid of the shotgun meta because the big streamers all abuse it and are really good at it. Can't upset those people.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Had the weirdest glitch today. A lobby was stuck at 28 people and the game went on with only 28. I completed my Loot Lake challenge in that match

Still can't get a damn trap kill lol. I tried a few times on the 20 person game mode but it's tough to try and box someone in when your teammates shoot people who are downed right away. It's also been a disaster to even find traps now. All I've found is the new bounce pads all over the place.

Trap damages are now 150 damage so you shouldn’t have a problem completing it. Just put a trap in a good location (like Tilted) and you’ll probably get someone.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Think I've hit my wall with this game now. Just feel over the past few updates the building aspect has gone to hell. Every gun fight on Xbox has turned into just a cluster **** of building. Just gets annoying when you rinse repeat over and over shoot-watch them build-outbuild to the point of a small city is built-succeed/fail-repeat
This is pretty much the way every Fortnite match goes. It's a quick-build game more than a shooter or even a Battle Royale, in my opinion. Played it for a bit, but I can't stand that aspect of the game, just not for me.

Reactions: Newfy OilPenguin

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I really dislike the leveling up aspect to unlock different parts of the Omega/Carbide skins. Especially level 80 Omega. I’m landing in trees and letting matches play out to grind out to make sure I have enough XP.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Brought back 50 v 50 game mode and the sniper shootout LTM

Tested out the new thermal scoped rifle and wasn't that impressed with it. The accuracy is pretty bad from distances. Short to medium distances it's pretty good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->